IGNORED

NEXT Season info

Next season Improvements:

(Games ready ahead of time)

1. Every game will be selected, mapped out ahead of time, so its fully ready in proper order with its game settings. Normally I go from game suggestions, and without any exact order. Having to pick a level, game setting before I can post the game, slows down a lot due to play testing... and I will fix this.

(More ranking pts)

2. High scoring points even higher... due to the growing amount of active players, we will have +13 for 1st place (+10 skipped) 9+ for 4th place down. Instead of +11.

(Bonuses will return)

3. Point Bonuses returning, for breaking or setting records.

(Final result updates after each game completes)

4. Final results of each game, will return as well, with a quick congrats to who won. (A lot like Biffman's finished high score lists, in the last 6 or so games of Season 12)

(Backup plan)

5. If for what reason, like life getting in the way, (hopefully not) I will transfer the Season 13 duties to a HSClubber until further notice. 

(Shooting spree)

6.  More blasting shooters will be in the next season then ever before.

Working on game list, maybe 2 more games this next season.

Start date unknown as of now

MONDAY JULY 13TH  2020

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

All sounds good Jacob! Thanks for all your work on this. 

If you need any suggestions for games, just let us know. I'm sure we've all got some we'd like to see on the list (Pacman's a game I've never been good at, but that's a good shout by IntyFanMatt).  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Sounds great Jacob!  Don’t forget...you said Pac Man will be on the schedule for next season. I’m not great at it, just like to play it and haven’t seen it here on HSC.

Thank you

Oh jeez,not Pacman!

Just kidding.?

Pick a game that I can win at!

No,bad idea. That game doesnt exist yet.....

Edited by wolfy62
Adding info.
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, gezkc said:

All sounds good Jacob! Thanks for all your work on this. 

If you need any suggestions for games, just let us know. I'm sure we've all got some we'd like to see on the list (Pacman's a game I've never been good at, but that's a good shout by IntyFanMatt).  

Welcome. Game list is complete. :) Now for the settings on each game...

and with the games, Matts was actually already in the game list I was starting, and so was ricksters game choice too lol.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

and with the games, Matts was actually already in the game list I was starting, and so was ricksters game choice too lol.

So let it be written.... so let it be done!! 

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Sweet. Did you end up going with 18 total games? I think you said you were going to up it by 2? 

• Like 1

So I was just looking into the Archives to see when the last time Astrosmash was in the HSC. I checked it a few times. The last time I saw it was January of 2012, season 3??? Can this be right? Yes this can be a very long game, but it's still a great game.... My brother and I would get 1 million +  scores BITD. I could be wrong, but it seems like it's been over 8 years.... :-o

If it really has been 8 years is there a reason? 

It could be because Astrosmash games take too long.  Just like how Space Hawk can be played indefinitely.

This brings up a question for Jacob.  Do you have a list of cartridges excluded for HSC play?  For example, two player only games would be excluded.  Perhaps there are other cartridges that are excluded for reasons that aren't obvious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I vote for Astrosmash with a time limit, maybe 30 minutes. Of course everyone would have to trust that we follow that time limit closely and be honest about it. 

Screenshots might be an issue though, unless after the 30 minutes are up you let you game go down the drain and then take a pic of the peak score. It might be better to award points after certain plateaus are reached. Like 5 points for 100k, 6 for 200k, 7 for 300k etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

Screenshots might be an issue though, unless after the 30 minutes are up you let you game go down the drain and then take a pic of the peak score. It might be better to award points after certain plateaus are reached. Like 5 points for 100k, 6 for 200k, 7 for 300k etc. 

Good point. Maybe it’s not a good game for the HSC then. ?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Hmmmm, that's different. Never heard of that. It's not on the Flashback right? Or is it via an emulator?

In the 1982 Astrosmash Shootoff competition; the finals in Houston were played with a timed 60 minute game.  I don't know if the rom file I have is an image of the cartridge used there or a more recent hack; but it works.  When you get your Raspberry Pi flashback you can add this version in there.  If you have a flash memory cartridge you can play it on a real intellivision. 

You can see some of the scores people got at the 1982 Houston finals here.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301631-astrosmash-shootoff-details-1982/

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

In the 1982 Astrosmash Shootoff competition; the finals in Houston were played with a timed 60 minute game.  I don't know if the rom file I have is an image of the cartridge used there or a more recent hack; but it works.  When you get your Raspberry Pi flashback you can add this version in there.  If you have a flash memory cartridge you can play it on a real intellivision. 

You can see some of the scores people got at the 1982 Houston finals here.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301631-astrosmash-shootoff-details-1982/

Thanks. So is 6X the max in this game? I played it yesterday just messing around and I was on 6X for a very long time. I got to 550k and it never went higher than 6X. It's been so darn long since I played it as a kid I just can't recall if it ever goes to 7X. 

Edited by Rickster8
Changed a word