IGNORED

NEXT Season info

With Star Strike it could be that you get more points by shooting enemy ships than you lose by the clock ticking down.  If that were the case than to maximise your score you'd shoot down as many enemy ships as you can until the planet lines up than you bomb the final target.  Levels five and six are different but I don't recommend playing those levels.  The other issue with star strike and other cartridges like space battle for example is that there is nothing to indicate what level you are playing.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

With Star Strike it could be that you get more points by shooting enemy ships than you lose by the clock ticking down.  If that were the case than to maximise your score you'd shoot down as many enemy ships as you can until the planet lines up than you bomb the final target.  Levels five and six are different but I don't recommend playing those levels.  The other issue with star strike and other cartridges like space battle for example is that there is nothing to indicate what level you are playing.

That’s a good point. Everything just runs faster for the most part. Except on the higher levels you aren’t allowed to miss any targets on their first time through, right?

That could be the case with Star Strike, I always just played level four.  I know with Space Battle there's more to the different levels than adding wait states to slow the game down.  And levels four and five play at the same speed.

15 minutes ago, mr_me said:

That could be the case with Star Strike, I always just played level four.  I know with Space Battle there's more to the different levels than adding wait states to slow the game down.  And levels four and five play at the same speed.

I think the enemy ships also do more damage. You can quickly lose your early warning beep, making it nigh impossible to complete the game.

Edited by Intelligentleman

On 7/5/2020 at 10:00 PM, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Start Date for new Summer Season,

Monday, July 13th 2020

?

Any little hints as to the first game we are opening the new season with? ?

Yes I am the HSC n00b so I am supposed to ask such n00bie questions like this.... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Yes I am the HSC n00b so I am supposed to ask such n00bie questions like this.... ?

Just to be on the safe side, I recommend playing every game...  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, gar0u said:

I'm checking every day for the list, too!  So excited to participate in this from the beginning of a season.

Oooh, you have less posts than me. That might mean you are n00bier than I am... Hahahaha ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gar0u said:

We'll find out!  ;)

Lol, I didn't mean regarding INTV skill. I meant as in 'newness' to the forum..... We are both pretty new based on our amount of posts so therefore we are both n00bies.... ?

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 4:35 PM, Rickster8 said:

Welcome, and will be starting the season with a shooter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1