IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 8/9 ~ Summer FUN!

Vocelli

1 minute ago, Deteacher said:

I just tried it and it worked for me.  Can you post a screenshot or a video of what's going on?

when the game starts, you immediately start getting bounced around, and every time thereafter you get bumped around for an extra long time

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, G-type said:

when the game starts, you immediately start getting bounced around, and every time thereafter you get bumped around for an extra long time

Haha!!!

That's just the game, you can't hit anything.

It's frustrating, you CAN regain control, if you manage to hit a slurpee or not hit anything for a sec, but basically that's how even top players games eventually end, being bopped all around the screen uncontrollably.

Good Luck!!!

• Sad 1

Speaking of which-

Kool-Aid man, 50, 200

Big improvement on my PB, I actually really dig this game.

Try to stay towards the middle and snag the slurpees best you can from there-that gives you a better chance to catch the water later on when the game gets fast.

Still, a lot of "skilluck" involved in this game, on this run I was bee bopping around uncontrollably towards the end, inadvertently hit a water, that let me finish another level.

2600Koolaidman50200.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Haha!!!

That's just the game, you can't hit anything.

It's frustrating, you CAN regain control, if you manage to hit a slurpee or not hit anything for a sec, but basically that's how even top players games eventually end, being bopped all around the screen uncontrollably.

Good Luck!!!

no, it wasn't.. it was a broken copy. 

@Deteacher sent me a working version. Thank you!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, G-type said:

no, it wasn't.. it was a broken copy. 

@Deteacher sent me a working version. Thank you!

Glad to hear!

Still, the same darned thing winds up happening eventually, even with a working copy.

:)

Deteacher is a Good Guy. Very few here that aren't Good Guys, seems like.

Subscribed to your comic too-it better be good!

:P

Edited by Rogerpoco
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Vocelli said:

Trying to 'thin the herd'.

Only the strong survive ?

Well, I'll say this- I feel like an idiot getting my butt kicked in checkers to a computer. This "must jump when you can" rule is clown shoes. I've been forced to jump with a king and then have that piece jumped in return, something I'd obviously not do in real life. I'm trying to make this rule work towards my advantage, but grr. Another swing and a miss from Activision. Can this company do anything right? ? ?

Oh, and when I first started playing, I thought it was broken b/c the screen turned black when it was "thinking" ?

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Well, I'll say this- I feel like an idiot getting my butt kicked in checkers to a computer. This "must jump when you can" rule is clown shoes. I've been forced to jump with a king and then have that piece jumped in return, something I'd obviously not do in real life. I'm trying to make this rule work towards my advantage, but grr. Another swing and a miss from Activision. Can this company do anything right? ? ?

Oh, and when I first started playing, I thought it was broken b/c the screen turned black when it was "thinking" ?

It's been a long time since I've played checkers (on a real board with a real live human opponent) but if I remember, the "have to jump" rule was always a real rule.  I could be wrong, but I remember playing that way all those years ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Deteacher said:

It's been a long time since I've played checkers (on a real board with a real live human opponent) but if I remember, the "have to jump" rule was always a real rule.  I could be wrong, but I remember playing that way all those years ago.

Hmm. First time hearing that, but checkers is one of those games that's sure to have a million regional variants. Seems like Alan Miller just had it out for me 40 years ago. In related news:

7 whooooo!

2137240034_Checkers2020-06-2719_01_35.thumb.png.3a499acedfe006e9e8300805c6134793.png

• Like 3

Holy mackerel everyone, have you read the checkers manual? It says the computer "thinking" time on expert level is 2-4 minutes and the average game time is 2hrs or more. Thanks for not suggesting that setting Rog! HAHA. It also refers to the computer as "he" instead of "it", so weird. I've always loved the notes and hints from the programmer in the back, but for this one, Alan Miller just suggests going to a library. Hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1