IGNORED

A Tale of Dragons and Swords

I have the digital manual (The printed Elektronite manual will be different) for this game. The game is complete. We could begin to sell LTO Flash! ROMS for this game very soon. However, before we do that, I want to gauge the feelings of the Intellivision fan base on the following idea.

Due to many reasons, mainly caused by the worldwide pandemic, we have not been able to box up and sell the 3 Kai Magazine games TNT Cowboy, Ninja Odyssey, and Anthropomorphic Force yet. The cost of printing has been prohibitive and frankly, our main focus has been on programming. In order for the developer to pay the rent and feed his children, most of our resources have been focused on keeping producing content rather than printing.

I have an idea that will help us gain the needed capital to get the materials needed to 'properly' release the game.

Pre-orders.

Yes, I know that a certain individual somewhat wrecked the idea of pre-ordering a game in the Intellivision community. However, those pre-orders were for an incomplete or yet to be written game. This game is finished and ready to play.

My proposal is that for people who pre-order the game, they will get a FREE LTO Flash! ROM encrypted for their personal LTO Flash! .

Please be aware that I am not going to entertain any suggestions that the ROM be unprotected for use on emulators. Not going to happen. Sorry. We put far too much money into these games for them to end up on a ROM site.

That being said, we would need about 100 pre-orders in order to have the box, manuals, overlays and stickers printed and to purchase cartridges for the games. My idea would be to collect the names of people willing to pre-order and then when we hit 100 copies, ask for payment and then get the materials printed and copies ready to ship ASAP.

Please let me know your feelings below. Cost of the game would be $70 US plus shipping/PayPal fees which would vary depending on where the game is distributed.

This has already been posted on facebook. Please do not express interest HERE if you've already expressed interest on the facebook Intellivision Invasion group. 

Here is a video of the game play for those who are not familiar with the game. 

Just because we are giving away a bonus LTO Flash! ROM does not mean that you are unable to pre-order and help make the release happen. The ROM is a 'bonus' not a requirement. 

A Tale of Dragons and Swords BOX - Front.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mphokie said:

I'm in for a pre-order.

If I don't have an LTO Flash (will purchase as soon as the next batch becomes available), will I be able to get the encrypted ROM at that point?

Yes, anyone who pre-orders can get the free LTO ROM for their personal cartridge when they obtain one. 

I assume the pre-order method is the same as when I ordered the earlier Kai Magazine titles.  Just drop you a line and then receive a PayPal invoice and pay it, right?  Of course, I'm interested in this, as well as Star Mercenary when that's available.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Zendocon said:

I assume the pre-order method is the same as when I ordered the earlier Kai Magazine titles.  Just drop you a line and then receive a PayPal invoice and pay it, right?  Of course, I'm interested in this, as well as Star Mercenary when that's available.

I'm working on the Elektronite website. Hopefully, we will have automated PayPal on there eventually.

Right now, I'll be informing people here when the right time to pay is. I will also post the procedure here. I have people sending me private messages asking to be 'added to the list'. I'd rather people just say here so I don't miss anyone. 

If the games are distributed from Thailand, there will be one size fits all price based on one copy. If they come from the USA, we will have a price for the USA and a price for Canada and Europe. 

Anyhow, I will combine the facebook thread with this one to see where we are in a couple of days. Thanks for the support and understanding. I think Cmart has some experience with how much all of this costs to produce a release. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

I'm working on the Elektronite website. Hopefully, we will have automated PayPal on there eventually.

Right now, I'll be informing people here when the right time to pay is. I will also post the procedure here. I have people sending me private messages asking to be 'added to the list'. I'd rather people just say here so I don't miss anyone. 

If the games are distributed from Thailand, there will be one size fits all price based on one copy. If they come from the USA, we will have a price for the USA and a price for Canada and Europe. 

Anyhow, I will combine the facebook thread with this one to see where we are in a couple of days. Thanks for the support and understanding. I think Cmart has some experience with how much all of this costs to produce a release. 

Yes. I can vouch for Willy and Rev and others that are trying to release games. It's a lot for one guy to bear so I think it's great that everyone has been receptive to pre-ordering which will be a huge help and ensure that this and hopefully other awesome games get released in the future.
I think the track records of the folks involved should allay any fears anyone may have about these games getting done. They will. 

• Like 2