IGNORED

Jzintv ImGui

jenergy

That's the full 48kB rom file.  If you found it in an internet archive you'd also need the memory map in a cfg file.  Create a text file with the following contents, give it the exact same name as the rom but with a .cfg extension.

[mapping]
$0000 - $1FFF = $5000
$2000 - $2FFF = $D000

[ecsbank]
0: $3000 - $3FFF = $E000
0: $4000 - $4FFF = $F000
1: $5000 - $5FFF = $F000

• Like 1

Seems mr_me beat me to it.  I can confirm that what he says to do above will work and get the game running.  At least for half an inning. 

I had no interest in this game at all until David Harley put out his ECS Controller Bundle at Intellivision.us.  You can now play this game with only the controllers and without the need for a keyboard.  (No voice unfortunately.)  He also sped up the game and you can even pitch to David Harley in the bottom of the first as he is the lead off hitter for the National League.  Lol.  I created a kbdhackfile config for my Vision-daptor (which sadly has been discontinued) for my PC and it works great in David's updated game.  But in the original game rom after hitting F7 to use the ECS keyboard in jzIntv, I get through the top of the inning using the disc to hit or lower buttons to bunt, but as soon as it goes to the bottom of the inning the disc keeps working but the space bar and the buttons no longer work.  And I'm not sure if the keypad on the controller ever works in the original game rom although it works fine in Harley's updated game.  (BTW, which is a steal for the five games you get and what he's asking for it.)

Anyway, if anyone knows what may be the problem or if it's fixable...  For now I'm back to playing X-Rally on my FireTV.  I love Intellivision homebrew roms.   ;-)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, larryvgs said:

I had no interest in this game at all until David Harley put out his ECS Controller Bundle at Intellivision.us.  You can now play this game with only the controllers and without the need for a keyboard.  (No voice unfortunately.)  He also sped up the game and you can even pitch to David

Whatcha talkin' about Willis???? My WSBBall hack has voice working. Are you using he ROM from the package or the BIN+CFG? Which emulator? I know it works in jzIntv.

14 hours ago, mr_me said:

That's the full 48kB rom file.  If you found it in an internet archive you'd also need the memory map in a cfg file.  Create a text file with the following contents, give it the exact same name as the rom but with a .cfg extension.

[mapping]
$0000 - $1FFF = $5000
$2000 - $2FFF = $D000

[ecsbank]
0: $3000 - $3FFF = $E000
0: $4000 - $4FFF = $F000
1: $5000 - $5FFF = $F000

Thank you the Games runs perfect.   I moved my roms from the "Nostalgia 5.0" emulator and now I have lot's of roms that are not working with jzIntvImGui_2.3.7   is there an archive that has a complete set of working roms ?      Thanks .

1 hour ago, intvdave said:

Whatcha talkin' about Willis???? My WSBBall hack has voice working. Are you using he ROM from the package or the BIN+CFG? Which emulator? I know it works in jzIntv.

WSBBall hack?  I'm talking about the rom from Super Series Baseball from David Harley, (or the BIN+CFG just tried both), in jzIntvImGui, using both the internal jzIntv or an external jzIntv in Windows 10.  No voice.  Same thing if i run jzIntv from a command line or use a bat file.  What is this WSBBall hack you speak of?  Some special CFG file?

There is voice in the original World Series Major League Baseball using the config above and the keyboard.  But it stops working after 1/2 inning for me using a Vision-daptor and original Intellivision controllers.

Edited by larryvgs

5 hours ago, Atari8man2004 said:

Thank you the Games runs perfect.   I moved my roms from the "Nostalgia 5.0" emulator and now I have lot's of roms that are not working with jzIntvImGui_2.3.7   is there an archive that has a complete set of working roms ?      Thanks .

The rom files are probably fine.  Most likely it's the memory map cfg files that are missing.  There's a set of cfg files here.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/203179-config-files-to-use-with-various-intellivision-titles/?p=3480601

1 hour ago, intvdave said:

I just confirmed I am getting voice in jzintvImGui. Make sure you have voice enabled. I use the following setting for the game.

image.thumb.png.f2e077bc44b727c468e3407f8e3fde0f.png

OMG intvdave.  Thank you so much!  Yes, I am getting voice now.  That didn't even dawn on me that I needed that since the voice was already working without that parameter in the original WSBBall rom.  Again, THANK YOU!!!

6 hours ago, larryvgs said:

OMG intvdave.  Thank you so much!  Yes, I am getting voice now.  That didn't even dawn on me that I needed that since the voice was already working without that parameter in the original WSBBall rom.  Again, THANK YOU!!!

Great to hear. You had me worried. My games are supposed to be better and not worse :)

23 minutes ago, intvdave said:

Great to hear. You had me worried. My games are supposed to be better and not worse :)

Doh!  Another thing that didn't dawn on me was which intvdave I was talking to.  :)

Even got it working on the big screen on my FireTV using a kbd file for a Nintendo Pro controller.  Works great.  Thanks again!

Edited by larryvgs
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/21/2022 at 11:58 PM, jltursan said:

Try with Takeda's PC8001

On 9/9/2023 at 3:11 PM, intvdave said:

I ordered your ecs pack. I"m playing in jzintv emulator. is there a kbd config file that will make good use of the game with an xbox controller or keyboard? I don't have an intv controller.

5 minutes ago, Duglor said:

I ordered your ecs pack. I"m playing in jzintv emulator. is there a kbd config file that will make good use of the game with an xbox controller or keyboard? I don't have an intv controller.

ECS games were made to use a keyboard. My hacks update the games and allow most inputs to be done on the Original controller. If you do not have the original controller, you can still use the keyboard as originally designed.

I do not know the best mappings for an xbox controller.

7 minutes ago, Duglor said:

You can create your own (which I did) based on what event_diag.rom tells you the input is showing up as.

For already made kbd files, do a search for "Mapping a Controller for Intellivision" and go to that link.

Near the top they have the event_diag.rom file to download, and all the way at the bottom they have a link to "Pre-Built Customized Keyboard Hack and Configuration Files" for various Intellivision games.

As I recall, most of these files were made for an XBox controller, but you should always double check the input you are getting in event_diag.rom is the same.

Attached is an overall one I created for jzIntv for XBox controllers and keyboard for most games in Windows 10/11.  Change the extension from .txt to .cfg before using.  (The comments after ; in the file should explain everything.)

BTW, I recommend downloading and using jzIntvImGui (which has jzIntv built-in) which is much easier than running jzIntv on it's own.  I just tested Burgertime with the file and my XBox Series X/S controller and it seems to work fine.

XBox_Win_SDL1_JS0.txt

Lol.  So was I at first until I found jenergy's gui for jzIntv in the AtariAge forums.  He's a great guy, incredibly patient, and his software makes running the jzIntv emulator easy.  Anyway, glad you found his program and that it's working for you.  :thumbsup: