IGNORED

Knight Guy in Low Res World: Castle Days

vhzc

Nice to see the 7800 getting all this love. The last couple of years have seen some amazing work by a number of talented individuals, along with quite a bit of knowledge sharing, coaching, etc. on these forums. This community is great! Who would have ever guessed that some of the games that we have or will have soon (Rikki & Vikki, Baby Pac-Man, Millie & Molly, Arkanoid, Dragon's Descent, Dragon's Cache and Knight Guy - Castle Days) would ever be available on our beloved console. 

Just wanted to take some time out of another busy day at work to thank all of you that make this possible.? 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

Ugh.  I would have sent you a spare of mine, but I checked, and the only delivery methods to Chile currently cost $133-149 dollars!  ?

Yeah, I have a package I was going to send to Vladimir two weeks ago when I ran into this:

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 2.26.28 PM.png

I then did some research and discovered Chile is one of many countries that you cannot currently ship packages to via USPS..  So that'll have to sit for a while until this changes.

..Al

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

Ugh.  I would have sent you a spare of mine, but I checked, and the only delivery methods to Chile currently cost $133-149 dollars!  ?

Thanks for the thought. I have plans to get a controller or adapter when  things calm down, but just now shipping is absurdly expensive or just simply not allowed and here in Chile 7800 is a really, really rare beast.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 12:28 PM, gambler172 said:

Hi V

works great on real hardware..  Jumping works fine for me.I made it till room 16.the difficulty is ok.

I would prefer the version with one button.

Why should you make a well working game 

unnecessarely more complicated?

greetings Walter

Thanks for test in actual hardware!

• Like 1

The new version looks good, and I like the jumping better in this version. I am not understanding what makes me die sometimes on the far side in room 3, though. I easily clear the flames, and go poof in mid-air before I reach the ground on the far side. If I hit the other springboard first, I'm okay. Is this a glitch, or is there something I'm not understanding in how that room is supposed to work?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Karl G said:

The new version looks good, and I like the jumping better in this version. I am not understanding what makes me die sometimes on the far side in room 3, though. I easily clear the flames, and go poof in mid-air before I reach the ground on the far side. If I hit the other springboard first, I'm okay. Is this a glitch, or is there something I'm not understanding in how that room is supposed to work?

I noticed this as well and recorded it below. It appears there is a hidden obstacle that is triggering this on that right side of the room that wasn't present in the previous beta I played.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gambler172 said:

the video does not work ?

It is an MP4 encoded video. I usually upload these to YT and then post the YT link, but as this one was so short I and fairly small, I just uploaded it here directly. It plays fine for me. Might try installing VLC player as I noticed when I did that I'm able to play many video formats that MS Media player by default wants me to pay a license for to playback?

I have similar issues with the MOVs people post directly and have to download them and play them back in VLC directly to see them.

Hi V

made it till room 29.....but this is nearly impossible

to beat....cause moving to upper left is damn heavy.

The 2nd boss enemy is great ?

And i found....maybe a bug....in the room....i think

it is 16??...where the big star comes from right....and you must jump over it....if it hits you..

you loose a life and mostly a 2nd life...cause you cannot act fadt enough....

I made it to the end of the beta without too much trouble. I think the jumping mechanics and the collision are fine in this game. It all about timing in regards to the giant spike balls that come out at you. 

Unless there was a hidden key I didn't find (Similar to how you get that one heart..), It looks like this latest build ends with a locked door and the room above it has the end of Beta banner like before.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I made it to the end of the beta without too much trouble. I think the jumping mechanics and the collision are fine in this game. It all about timing in regards to the giant spike balls that come out at you. 

Unless there was a hidden key I didn't find (Similar to how you get that one heart..), It looks like this latest build ends with a locked door and the room above it has the end of Beta banner like before.

Thanks for testing.

You are correct, beta builds ends in the room with the of beta banner. The rooms beyond the locked door are under construction and there is not a key for those yet.

Did you was able to get the heart? Did you find the hidden potion?

7 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hi V

made it till room 29.....but this is nearly impossible

to beat....cause moving to upper left is damn heavy.

The 2nd boss enemy is great ?

And i found....maybe a bug....in the room....i think

it is 16??...where the big star comes from right....and you must jump over it....if it hits you..

you loose a life and mostly a 2nd life...cause you cannot act fadt enough....

Room 29 is not so hard.

10 minutes ago, vhzc said:

Thanks for testing.

You are correct, beta builds ends in the room with the of beta banner. The rooms beyond the locked door are under construction and there is not a key for those yet.

Did you was able to get the heart? Did you find the hidden potion?

Not sure about a hidden potion but I did manage to figure out how to get the heart between the skull shooter floors yes. I believe I found a total of 2 potions, but I honestly only needed one of them as I didn't have any issues with room 29 and quickly figured out just watching it what to do which, was exactly what you did to pass through it. 

• Like 1

I made it to the end of this beta too. I found both potions and really needed the 2nd one, after getting killed a couple times by the square boss. To me, he was harder to get by than room 29. Love the new levels! I played several games just jumping around and did not run into any hidden obstacles.  Looking forward to the next ROM?

Btw, I've been testing on my pristine 7800 (S/N A3 9B1 5287646) via the Mateos multicart.

KG-B2.jpg

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I made it to the end of this beta too. I found both potions and really needed the 2nd one, after getting killed a couple times by the square boss. To me, he was harder to get by than room 29. Love the new levels! I played several games just jumping around and did not run into any hidden obstacles.  Looking forward to the next ROM?

Btw, I've been tested on my pristine 7800 (S/N A3 9B1 5287646) via the Mateos multicart.

KG-B2.jpg

Cool! I love to see the game tested on actual hardware.

There is a 3rd potion hidden in the game...

• Like 2