IGNORED

Zero 5 tips?

cubanismo

6 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Cheers on making it to mission 6.  I spent about an hour trying to get through mission 2 tonight, and could not.  I can certainly see why rapid fire is a plus for this game.  I literally had to take breaks to relax and stretch out my right hand between attempts.  I'm gonna keep trying though.  I feel like I'm starting to get a feel for the asteroids.  On my last attempt, I think I was nearly there, but I'd played poorly on the first section and earlier parts of the asteroid field and didn't have enough shields to power through.  Just need to string together a good run of the whole thing I think... or break down and drop into novice ?

The shame!

Just kidding, I’m playing in novice. I don’t think the game was ever fully play tested and balanced, there is just no way.

• Like 1

Ho, a new challenger ! :)

To beat Zero5 (with highscores ?), you need to :

- For levels as BamBam :

- Kill all monsters with proper position to get the fastest as possible power-up's to increase in first place the laser power (it's much powerfull than the smart laser), then the scores and finally, if you really need : for the energy

- For levels as HitPack :

- Kill all monsters fastest as possible : enemies have weak points generally in center of their bodys.

- For Big one : destroy quickly their weapons, then you can shoot them as you want

- If you can't kill them enough quickly, kill the most powerfull enemies first (generally yellow one) or shoot on their lasers to limit dammage and give you a chance to pass to the next pattern

- For tunnels levels :

- I always shoot to use the sound to know if there is an unbreakable wall and destroy all others as soon as possible

- Rotate less as possible to go to the right position quickly

- Take all power-up's to increase laser power and reach the max when you go outside of the tunnel and then kill easily enemies in this step and use power-up's to increase Hiscore :).

In Expert mode, levels are longest and enemies more difficult to kill :)

Edited by SCPCD
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I hadn't played this in a while, but went back to it a few weeks ago and lowered it down to the novice skill level, and did worse. I couldn't even get past level one anymore. Apparently the opposite of riding a bike.

I do have two rapid fire kits I should get around to installing though. Just been too busy with other projects lately.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, Lost Dragon said:

Slightly off topic, but this reminds me of Chris Dillon, MD of Caspian Software saying (in 1994):

"we've got a couple of ST games in the pipeline. They're bigger and better than even Zero-5...Caspain Software are going to be around for years to come." 

Whoops...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I spent another hour or so playing this tonight. Still can't get past the asteroid field in Level 2. Is there any general strategy to this, or is it just a matter of memorizing the asteroid pattern and powering through? Is it possible to steer around some asteroids, or are you on rails straight into them no matter where you point the ship?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

I spent another hour or so playing this tonight. Still can't get past the asteroid field in Level 2. Is there any general strategy to this, or is it just a matter of memorizing the asteroid pattern and powering through? Is it possible to steer around some asteroids, or are you on rails straight into them no matter where you point the ship?

Fly through the field straight forward, moving the crosshair up/down to blast the asteroids to pieces (literally) before they make contact with your ship.

I only move left/right to shoot the pods(?) for points, but just as little to keep flying straight ahead as possible.

• Like 3