IGNORED

Stories Untold - A PC game for Text Adventure Game Lovers!

I've actually been playing games recently, which is a nice change!

So I stumbled upon this text-based Horror game from (2017, yeah, only just now) but it really hit home on so many levels. It's like Stranger Things meets Text Based Games meets Nostalgic Nirvana! Ok, I actually overhyped myself when I first saw the trailer and purchased it immediately since it was only $9.99 on Steam. I beat the first part rather quickly, in under 20 minutes on my first run and initially was disappointed but the game is 4 episodes long and thankfully the last episode loops it all back around again back to playing some more text based adventure.

Anyways, highly recommended if you loved text based games and also have a love for the ZX Spectru er, I mean "Futuro 128k +2"! (I of course was and still am an Atari kid at heart but this was still so cool! Especially since my first text based game was Zork on the TRS-80).

I ended up beating it over the course of a few short sessions in just two days but left feeling it was worth it for the experience overall and can't help but feel there's so much more potential for these type of games with this graphic environment, I really hope they revisit and expand on this with some more cool games. I test streamed the first episode to my very unused Twitch account but you're welcome to watch the first few minutes of me playing the game (or completely spoil the first episode and watch the whole thing but I would highly advise against that):

EDIT: Maybe try clicking this: Stories Untold - Episode One Play

You can tell just how rusty I am with text based games heh, also note the fact that initially I was reading so quickly I didn't even realize I was in the car in the beginning of the game :D

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 1