IGNORED

New Microsoft Flight Simulator

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been messing with FS2020 and IMHO it’s absolutely mind blowing fantastic. I really like the “landing challenges” it has too and the hunt for the leaderboards.  The graphics at ultra settings are jaw dropping. Seriously I agree with what one of the posters said earlier, this is one of those titles that will be seen as a defining moment in our hobby.  I’ve been a fan of Sublogic Flight Simulator since the Apple II days, even bought a 16k expansion card just so I could get two more camera angles for that game (the wing tip cameras if I recall lol).

BTW, even though I have a flight yoke and also the Saitek X-55 Rhino, I’ve only played it so far with the xbox controller and it plays fine.  Of course it will play better but I’ve been so busy with work lately I’ve been too lazy to set up the yoke. Embarrassing, I know lol

• Like 1

Yeah, I still have not gotten around to getting this game yet. I will get it eventually, though!

Right now I've been resisting the urge to buy new games as much as possible since I've had a bunch of preordered games come in recently and there are a few more coming. I didn't have the courage to try the Japanese version of 13 Sentinels, for example (although I think I could probably do it now that I've recently gained quite a bit of confidence in my ability to play, understand, and enjoy games that are entirely in Japanese), but it releases in the US tomorrow, so that's another one that's going to be here soon.

Eventually, though, I'll get it! I can't wait to see how it runs on my computer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 5:31 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

Well, I got a new screenshot from my friend. My house has been upgraded from an empty lot to a mostly empty lot... now there is a large tree there.

The way I see it, there are only two possible explanations for that:

a) The game uses outdated satellite images

b) You are a Gummy Bear

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

They're still working hard on it upgrading the environmental data and structures. And a big update just hit that streamlined the install size of the game significantly. 

All quiet on the Xbox front. Presumably it's still coming to at least Series S/X, but they're not saying much.

• 2 weeks later...

They finally announced a console release date. Will release on Xbox Series X/S on the 27th of July.

No news about the Xbox One version that was initially promised, then started sounding like it wasn't going to happen, but then in recent weeks again sounded like it still might be in the works. Perhaps it's for the best if it doesn't happen given the technical requirements of the title. A severely compromised port is worse than no port at all.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Atariboy said:

They finally announced a console release date. Will release on Xbox Series X/S on the 27th of July.

No news about the Xbox One version that was initially promised, then started sounding like it wasn't going to happen, but then in recent weeks again sounded like it still might be in the works. Perhaps it's for the best if it doesn't happen given the technical requirements of the title. A severely compromised port is worse than no port at all.

Yeah, one just has to look at Cyberpunk 2077 for that, lol.

21 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Indeed, no XB1 port online.  Disappointing to me, because I was going to get it, but if they can't do it, they can't do it.  

I believe I read somewhere the title will be available on the XBOX One via their cloud service, the same way XBOX their games will work on android/iOS.  IE: depending on where you live, your internet connection, the experience could be “good enough” to “ugh, this ain’t right”