IGNORED

Ivanka Trumps Macintosh SE

On 7/22/2020 at 12:17 PM, Bratwurst said:

It's plausible that the school she was attending still used such old machines for word processing tasks and the like. Though it is unusual that a prestigious boarding school wouldn't regularly upgrade their computing equipment, if you attended any school in the 1990s you were bound to come across an outdated terminal somewhere in the building. I don't think this was Ivanka's personal computer, just a random Mac she typed an essay on for a class assignment.

Yeah those SE's were made until 1990, so she could conceivably typed the essay in like 1994-1996 when she was like 13 to 15 making the computer only 4 to 6 years old. 

I remember our computer lab having Apple IIe/IIC's and Mac 128 and 512 computers even in 1991 when I graduated. Some of the IIe's were probably at least 10 years old. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2020 at 6:25 PM, jd_1138 said:

Yeah those SE's were made until 1990, so she could conceivably typed the essay in like 1994-1996 when she was like 13 to 15 making the computer only 4 to 6 years old. 

I remember our computer lab having Apple IIe/IIC's and Mac 128 and 512 computers even in 1991 when I graduated. Some of the IIe's were probably at least 10 years old. 

Looks like somebody finally bought it on July 29th for 250 dollars.

• Haha 1