IGNORED

#FujiNet Testing and Bug Reporting Thread

Das Kopieren von Datenträgerabbildern von TNFS-Servern auf der SD-Karte oder auf eigene TNFS-Server funktioniert nicht. Es berichtet Kopieren bitte warten, aber dann hängt es in der Endlosschleife. Danach hat sich die Fujinet aufgehängt, die Aktivitätslampe leuchtet dauerhaft. Der Zugriff auf die TNFS-Hosts-Liste und Drive Slots ist nicht mehr möglich. Es werden Fujinet V1.3 Firmware Version 0.5.043f69be und ein Atari XL mit U1mb, PokeyMax und VBXE verwendet. Selbst das Laden der Festplattenabbilder und das Booten von TNFS-Serverlisten funktioniert nur sporadisch. Verwende Divisor 6 in der Config. Wi-Fi funktioniert gut und der Empfang ist auch sehr gut. Wie kann das Problem sein?

Edited by Pmetzen

3 minutes ago, Pmetzen said:

Copying disk images from TNFS servers to the SD card or to your own TNFS servers does not work. It reports copying please wait, but then it hangs in an  endless loop. Then the Fujinet hung up and the activity lamp lights up continuously . Access to the TNFS hosts list and drive slots is no longer possible. Fujinet V1.3 firmware version 0.5.043f69be and an Atari XL with U1mb, PokeyMax and VBXE are used. Even  loading the hard disk  images and booting TNFS server lists only works sporadically. Use divisor 6 in the config. Wi-Fi works well and reception is very good too. How  can the problem be? 

The copy functionality is buggy. I am sorry. It was added because people were screaming for it, and I got it to work on my system, and promptly pushed it to master.

Can I @#($#@$@# get some help? I AM DROWNING IN BUGS, yet nobody seems to want to lift a finger.

-Thom

8 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

The copy functionality is buggy. I am sorry. It was added because people were screaming for it, and I got it to work on my system, and promptly pushed it to master.

Can I @#($#@$@# get some help? I AM DROWNING IN BUGS, yet nobody seems to want to lift a finger.

-Thom

Let me know if there is anything that I can do or test. Atari 1200xl with Fujinet, U1MB, UAV, printer interface, WiFi networks and Bluetooth phone and headset.

5 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Thanks, but I really need coders. Right now, there seems to be this expectation that I can design, code, bugfix and support.

Coding I can do, but 0 experience on Atari and little on the 6502.  :(

Don't let the complainers get you down. Do what you can, when you can and don't burn yourself out.

2 minutes ago, Pmetzen said:

And how can you copy now? Is this being worked on or will the function no longer exist soon? And apart from that, loading and starting disc images only works sporadically.

sigh. Can you provide more information? "It doesn't work" doesn't help me help you.

As for disk copying, i'm suspecting your wifi connection may be noisy. There isn't much I can do about this at the moment, network performance varies wildly between user reports, e.g. for me it's very reliable.

-Thom

Well, at least there is copying, Please Wait and it takes and takes. Progress display would be desirable. And then message comes after quite a while, #Fujinet is silent copying the file. Please wait until the activity light is done, before pressing a key to continue. But there is the Fujinet where the message came out. To hear the rattling of the Ataris when a connection to SIO has gone lost. Device NAK.

This, of course, significantly devalues the Fujinet's configurator. Just a pity for the Fujinet. It is the best piece of hardware with an incredible amount of potential to date. A progress indicator would be good and there would be enough space for the display on the screen. Unfortunately, when copying files, you lose the connection to the configurator. The N device is then no longer available, if the activity lamp were continuously lit and no longer stops. The Wi-Fi lamp, however, is still lit. A connection to Wi-Fi is still available. However, the Fujinet N device flew out.

33 minutes ago, Pmetzen said:

This, of course, significantly devalues the Fujinet's configurator. Just a pity for the Fujinet. It is the best piece of hardware with an incredible amount of potential to date. A progress indicator would be good and there would be enough space for the display on the screen. Unfortunately, when copying files, you lose the connection to the configurator. The N device is then no longer available, if the activity lamp were continuously lit and no longer stops. The Wi-Fi lamp, however, is still lit. A connection to Wi-Fi is still available. However, the Fujinet N device flew out.

It stays lit until the copy operation is complete.

(I find it absolutely amazing that even though I literally put a message on screen that says wait, that this still confounds people)

Again, I literally did this because people were insisting that I implement it, despite my objections.

-Thom

This is the Fujinet's debug error report when copying files.

[16:45:17]
[16:45:17]CF: 70 d8 02 01 4c
[16:45:17]sioFuji::sio_process() called
[16:45:17]ACK!
[16:45:17]<-SIO read 256 bytes
[16:45:17]ACK!
[16:45:17]copySpec: /fnc-tools.atr|/Tools/Fujinet/
[16:45:17]append source file
[16:45:17]::mount {1} "FujiNet.online"
[16:45:17]::mount_local Attempting mount of "FujiNet.online"
[16:45:17]::mount_tnfs {1:2} "FujiNet.online"
[16:45:17]::mount_tnfs Currently connected to host "FujiNet.online"
[16:45:17]::mount {0} "SD"
[16:45:17]::mount_local Attempting mount of "SD"
[16:45:17]Type is already LOCAL
[16:45:17]fujiHost #1 opening file path "/fnc-tools.atr"
[16:45:17]TNFS open file: "/fnc-tools.atr" (0x0001, 0x01b6)
[16:45:17]File opened, handle ID: 0, size: 92176, pos: 0
[16:45:17]fujiHost #0 opening file path "/Tools/Fujinet/fnc-tools.atr"
[16:45:27]Timeout after 2000 milliseconds. Retrying
[16:45:35]Timeout after 2000 milliseconds. Retrying
[16:47:46]BUTTON_B: SHORT PRESS
[16:47:46]ACTION: Send debug_tape message to SIO queue
[16:49:16]BUTTON_B: SHORT PRESS
[16:49:16]ACTION: Send debug_tape message to SIO queue
[16:50:29]BUTTON_B: SHORT PRESS
[16:50:29]ACTION: Send debug_tape message to SIO queue

tschack909 Ja, das liegt auf der Hand, d.h. der Hinweis, bis der Kopiervorgang abgeschlossen ist. Aber wie möchte ich wissen, ob ein Kopiervorgang überhaupt ausgeführt wird? Werden überhaupt Daten übertragen, ob es eine Aktivität gibt? Es kann auch sein, dass es hängt. Mit einem Fortschrittsindikator würde ich wissen und müsste nicht so lange auf eine Datenübertragung warten, die möglicherweise nicht stattfindet.

tschack909 Yes, that is obvious, which means the hint until the copying process is complete. But how do I want to know if a copying process is running at all? Is it any data being transferred at all, whether there is an activity? It may also be that it hangs. With a progress indicator, I would know and wouldn't have to wait that long for a data transfer that might not take place.

36 minutes ago, Pmetzen said:

tschack909 Yes, that is obvious, which means the hint until the copying process is complete. But how do I want to know if a copying process is running at all? Is it any data being transferred at all, whether there is an activity? It may also be that it hangs. With a progress indicator, I would know and wouldn't have to wait that long for a data transfer that might not take place.

Since I was trying to get this implemented, I made the simplest possible implementation, which didn't allow for a progress indicator (since SIO blocks any such action).

Either someone will improve it, or I will get back around to improving it.

I am indeed curious as to why you are seeing button B presses, are you pressing that button?

-Thom

Pressing the B button is useless. The hint in the debug message seems to indicate too loud Wi-Fi. Noise in Wi-Fi. Therefore, the Fujinet assumes that an audio file should and wants to press Tatse B. But don't bring anything, because I would have to confirm with Enter. In addition, the Atari must have been brought in cassette charging mode with the options and start button held, which is not the case. Fujinet listens and makes no difference. When Fujinet hears something, he wants the B Tatse, although the Atari was not brought by holding the option button and start in the cassette charging mode. How do I get the noise from the Wi-Fi?

2 hours ago, Pmetzen said:

Pressing the B button is useless. The hint in the debug message seems to indicate too loud Wi-Fi. Noise in Wi-Fi. Therefore, the Fujinet assumes that an audio file should and wants to press Tatse B. But don't bring anything, because I would have to confirm with Enter. In addition, the Atari must have been brought in cassette charging mode with the options and start button held, which is not the case. Fujinet listens and makes no difference. When Fujinet hears something, he wants the B Tatse, although the Atari was not brought by holding the option button and start in the cassette charging mode. How do I get the noise from the Wi-Fi?

Den Kauderwelsch versteht niemand.

Probier mal https://www.deepl.com/translator.

• Thanks 1

In the debug you can see that there are timeout errors. It takes too long. I suspect that Even Fujinet does not know exactly what data is involved, which I am trying to copy. Therefore, the note with the alleged B key can also be seen in the debug. Now understood what I mean?

On 3/15/2021 at 10:58 AM, Pmetzen said:

[16:45:27]Timeout after 2000 milliseconds. Retrying
[16:45:35]Timeout after 2000 milliseconds. Retrying

This message could be caused by any number of issues. I does not necessarily mean WiFi interference. It could be that packets are getting lost over your local network or the internet.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:58 AM, Pmetzen said:

[16:50:29]BUTTON_B: SHORT PRESS
[16:50:29]ACTION: Send debug_tape message to SIO queue

This will only appear if you press Button B on the FujiNet. Did you build your own FujiNet hardware?