IGNORED

#FujiNet Testing and Bug Reporting Thread

7 hours ago, MrFSL said:

MyPicoDos

I find it useful to use dir2atr from Hias (https://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/#atarisio) to quickly create ATR files. When creating these disk images with MyPicoDos I find an interesting bug. Fujinet will boot the DOS but then drops the configured drives and instead offers up the D1 fnc tools as if I were using a SDX cart.

It would be nice to be able to use MyPicoDos. I will include an ATR I made earlier as an example. This ATR has a single file BIOS17C.COM.

If this is somehow expected behavior, I guess I do not understand how the Fujinet determines when to offer up the tools disk image on D1.

Ultimately it would be nice to be able to access D2, D3, etc on the Fujinet from SDX. If that is possible I have not been able to find out how to make that work.

bios17c.atr 90.02 kB · 0 downloads

We are looking into a variation of this issue, and yes, you should be able to do what you're describing... 

-Thom

I haven't dug deep into it yet, but I did get 2 units earlier in the week, and gave it a quick try on my 800XL.

So far, the first issue I noticed is that open networks (ones that don't have a password) don't seem to work.

ie, I was unable to join my guest network, but I was able to join my password protected/secure network.

Known issue?

WIFI CONFIGURATION

At startup - it is very convenient that the configure WIFI comes up, but there really needs to be a way to exit that configuration and continue to use the unit. After all it does have an SD card in it that does not require WIFI.

On 11/2/2020 at 1:07 AM, MrFSL said:

HSIO INDEX and some SDX devices

Doing some testing with SDX on IDE+ v2 and a maxflash1 image and i will probably have a couple bugs to report.

To begin though I will say the default pokey divisor of 6 needed to be reduced to 7 in order for the Fujinet to work with certain configurations on the these devices. While I believe this bug might actually be with the SDX devices - you might want to consider recommending the raising of the HSIO index as part of initial troubleshooting or testing.

--- So yeah, if the Fujinet is acting wonky with SDX devices, change the HSIO index.

Well.... I started looking into this further by opening this thread here:

What I learned there, which is relevant here, is that the default index of 6 should be acceptable for any SDX. However, I also learned (and I don't see it documented other places) that SDX SIO driver isn't really capable on its own of exceeding an index of 4ish. Much of this depends on the version of SDX as well as the condition of the hardware in your atari and even on the types of add-on hardware you might have installed or on the SIO bus. Regardless - straight up SIO on SDX is known to be slow and having this index higher could make things not work well.

Devices like the SDrive-Max seem to negotiate around the speeds if errors occur causing IO operations to usually continue. With the Fuginet today - not so much.

While it might be a bit early in testing - regarding the IDE+ v2 SDX - @drac030 seems to have gotten it working with its own internal IO at much faster indexes! Cool.

13 hours ago, MrFSL said:

However, I also learned (and I don't see it documented other places) that SDX SIO driver isn't really capable on its own of exceeding an index of 4ish. Much of this depends on the version of SDX as well as the condition of the hardware in your atari and even on the types of add-on hardware you might have installed or on the SIO bus. Regardless - straight up SIO on SDX is known to be slow and having this index higher could make things not work well.

Strictly speaking, the SDX's SIO.SYS driver is not slow in itself. Quite the opposite, it is rather fast. The problem is that its main part is residing in the Ext RAM (to save as much main RAM as possible), and while it can send commands and receive the acknowledges without touching the current memory configuration, to perform the data transfer it must switch the RAM banks, i.e. a) swap out its bank of RAM, b) swap in the destination bank.

Now, in SDX the Ext memory management is hardware-abstracted. Thanks to that SDX utilities and the entire system may use 130XE-type or Axlon-type memory without even knowing the difference. And thanks to that it works so well in general; for example, resident programs like TD may switch banks to and fro in the background without conflicting with the rest of the system.

The backside is that the procedure must for example convert the (hardware-abstracted) memory indices into actual register values for the hardware, save current config to be restored later etc. This all takes time. In SIO-write operation this is not a problem, because writes are not time-critical.

But in SIO-read, which is time-critical, the bank switching must occur between the "C"-acknowledge and the first byte of the data block. If the sender sends the data block immediately after the "C"-ack, then at divisor 0 the "window" between these two bytes is ~140 clock cycles. The problem is that it is not enough for SDX to manage to receive the ack, complete the bank switch and transit to reading the data block, especially when a VBL kicks in or there is a longer HALT during the entire procedure.

Edited by drac030
  • Like 3

SDX 4.49 from AVG cart not recognizing ATR files mounted in Fujinet device slots. My Fuijinet and AVG cart have the latest firmware. My SDX HD is a small partition on the AVG cart’s SD card. If I mount a local or remote ATR in slot 1 or or 2 on the Fujinet SDX says device not found for drive 2. And shows FNC tools from the Fujinet hardware on drive 1. Using the FLD tool in SDX, I can see the ATR files listed in the correct slots. I can eject and mount them using the FNC tools. But SDX never shows them as present. Just get error 138 when I doa dir or format.

If I replace Fujinet with my SDX Max, SDX can see its disks.

I’m not sure where the problem lies. I saw Tom’s video on using FTC tools on SDX. Don’t know what multi cart he was using. The only main difference I saw was he created a hard drive on Fujinet. But I doubt that’s the issue because my SD Max works.

Edited by gs80065xe

First of all, I just want to say, I just got my FujiNet and love it.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I have a bug/feature request with the CONFIG program.

Currently, you can navigate the directory tree with the joystick, which is awesome.  However, you can dig down into the directory tree, but you can't go back up to the parent directory without pressing the DELETE button. (If there is a way to do this with the JOYSTICK let me know, because I couldn't figure it out).

My suggestion is to add a "..." directory to the top of the directory listing, to allow you to navigate to the parent directory.

Thanks to everyone working on this.

• Like 2

I know a similar topic has been discussed before, but not sure I can find a resolution to my issue. I have been racking my brain for the last two days with connecting to BBS's. Been using modem-programs.atr from TNFS host and even downloaded it to my SD card for direct use.

Using:

1) BOBTERM 1.23 and default settings for The Basement BBS for example (ATARI - 2400 BAUD, etc.).

- Sometimes it connects, sometimes it does not (NO CARRIER).

- Sometimes when it connects I can log on with no issues, other times it will lock up after login. 

- Most of the time, if I do login and it loads, after a page or two it will lock up. I have to reboot system/FujiNet

I have tried changing to ASCII. I have tried 1200 BAUD. I have also tried BOBTERM 1.21 which seems to connect more often then not and gets me farther,  but still after a few pages load, it locks up.

When it locks up on either versions, it's usually right as the page begins to load. About 5-10 characters print on screen then lock up.

Using 800XL with 512k upgrade. Even tried turning off XRAM and just running stock 64k. I'm out of ideas.

EDIT: I also just read this and it seems to be identical issue I am dealing with.

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/issues/371

Edited by NISMOPC
  • Like 1

I can't seem to mount an image in D2.  Any image.  From any source.  The debug log for D2 is below.

[09:54:13]CF: 70 f8 01 02 6c
[09:54:13]sioFuji::sio_process() called
[09:54:13]ACK!
[09:54:13]Fuji cmd: MOUNT IMAGE
[09:54:13]Selecting '/Syncalc_Data.atr' from host #0 as r+ on D2:
[09:54:13]fujiHost #0 opening file path "/Syncalc_Data.atr"
[09:54:13]E (104364) diskio_sdmmc: sdmmc_read_blocks failed (257)
[09:54:13]ERROR!
[09:54:13]
[09:54:13]E (104374) diskio_sdmmc: sdmmc_read_blocks failed (257)
[09:54:13]E (104384) diskio_sdmmc: sdmmc_read_blocks failed (257)
[09:54:13]E (104394) diskio_sdmmc: sdmmc_read_blocks failed (257)
[09:54:13]E (104404) diskio_sdmmc: sdmmc_read_blocks failed (257)
[09:54:13]E (104414) diskio_sdmmc: sdmmc_read_blocks failed (257)
[09:54:13]E (104424) diskio_sdmmc: sdmmc_read_blocks failed (257)
[09:54:13]E (104434) diskio_sdmmc: sdmmc_read_blocks failed (257)
[09:54:13]E (104454) diskio_sdmmc: sdmmc_read_blocks failed (257)
[09:54:13]E (104464) diskio_sdmmc: sdmmc_read_blocks failed (257)

@8bitguy1 Your log shows SD error messages every attempt.  It's possible there's corruption on the SD card. Do you have another one to try?  Or at least format this one and try again?  Also note that you'll probably need to reboot FN if you pull the card out and insert it back in for any reason. Not sure how well the firmware handles that situation.

2 minutes ago, 8bitguy1 said:

Yeah, I tried a known good Kingston card and a brand new Sandisk.  Same issue with both. (even reformatted).  

I will correct though that I can load an image from a non-SD source.  It's only the SD that's driving me bananas.

Can you provide details on the SD cards you're using?  Capacity, speed rating? 

Both the cards are 16GB.  My eyes are not good enough to read the numbers printed on the bottom.  I provide these two links that are matches for the cards, but I don't know if they change speed ratings and keep the same type/label on the front of the SD card (I'm willing to learn more about this though).  

https://www.amazon.ca/Kingston-16GB-micSDHC-Canvas-SDCS2/dp/B07YGZHSJS#:~:text=Summary Brand Kingston ,x 15 millimeters 1 more rows

https://www.amazon.ca/Sandisk-Ultra-Micro-UHS-I-Adapter/dp/B073K14CVB/ref=asc_df_B073K14CVB/?tag=bingshopdesk-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583795267460715&psc=1

As far as taking the Micro SD out while the Fujinet is on... I can't, even if I want to.  I have to turn off the Atari in order to unplug the fujinet as I need to use tweezers to get the card out.  So ZERO chance I've ever pulled the card with the Fujinet on.

Edited by 8bitguy1
spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 8bitguy1 said:

Yeah, I tried a known good Kingston card and a brand new Sandisk.  Same issue with both. (even reformatted).  

I will correct though that I can load an image from a non-SD source.  It's only the SD that's driving me bananas.

Well I found an old Lexar MicroSD card, also 16 GB and after a "slow" format to FAT32, it allows me to load from the SD card into the second device slot.  Still no luck booting Syncalc though.