IGNORED

m68k-atari-mint-gcc is not recognized as command

I'm not sure why I'm suddenly having so many problems with first JCP and now after spending all night coding stuff and building normally, I make one error and it doesn't build, try re-building this or anything else and now all I'm getting is the following error:

jagout.thumb.PNG.e17665efa94b2aeb9c49072b27d8538d.PNG

Am I needing to re-install Rb+ again? It's now saying BCX Path set not found? Nothing has changed, only the accidental error in sub routine call (which I reverted of course) and now it's wrecked, even after cleaning out the build folder as well. I'm guessing I probably have to re-install again but just in case it's not something stupid easy first, I'll sleep on it and see if anyone has any advice first.

Thanks!

Edited by Clint Thompson

Hi,

There are a lot of things that could have gone wrong there. Also many questions like:

1) Do you still have your own install? Is <installdir>\bin\m68k-atari-mint-gcc.exe present?

2) Do you compile your programs from the command line or from an editor (like notepad++, check out tutorial #1 for more info)

3) When you say "re-installed" do you grab a zip from github and unpack it, or do you use the installer (bad idea, it's outdated)?

4) If you compile from console did you execute any other commands other than build.bat?

5) What do you get if you execute "echo %RBTOOLS%" on a new console and after you build something?

6) Did you get any other build errors? If yes, what were they?

I could go on with this list but I guess there's little point since you're back in operation now. Unless you want to help troubleshoot this, in which case we'll need to narrow it down. But you'll have to help me by answering a lot of bizarre questions :).

Thanks for following up GGN, I'm to believe what JagChris is stating to be correct and probably similar with what happened to me.

It did it twice in a row but after not making any fatal mistakes within code (when just punching in build project sendy from command line) everything is working fine again so I suppose there's no real reason to further troubleshoot just seems odd that out of all the years I've been using Rb+, this is the firs time it completely blew up.

Just for clarity in case anyone else experiences the same thing, I simply did just re-install using the auto-installer. Thankfully all is well.