IGNORED

The Games That Weren't Book (featuring Deathwatch)

JaggingUK

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Frank has made a nice little update to the Lynx Hellraiser entry:

Artist Nina Stanley confirmed working on the title, but that it never got very far at all. Nina explained to GTW that the rights were brought by Color Dreams for around 30K, but this was right around the same time they transitioned to doing Bible games – so it was endlessly postponed.

She recalled that the plan was to use the Wolfenstein engine for a handheld machine (which of course would have been the Lynx). Unfortunately she doesn’t seem to have anything of the small development that was made, although she believes that she may have done a few concepts before leaving to go to Novalogic.

https://www.gamesthatwerent.com/2020/08/hellraiser/

On 11/9/2022 at 4:45 AM, Lostdragon said:

Artist Nina Stanley confirmed working on the title, but that it never got very far at all. Nina explained to GTW that the rights were brought by Color Dreams for around 30K, but this was right around the same time they transitioned to doing Bible games – so it was endlessly postponed.

She recalled that the plan was to use the Wolfenstein engine for a handheld machine (which of course would have been the Lynx). Unfortunately she doesn’t seem to have anything of the small development that was made, although she believes that she may have done a few concepts before leaving to go to Novalogic.

Hey, if you somehow still have the interviews you did and posted on multiple forums, then you should contact these guys. They are looking for interviews with old online game developer interviews to repost them on their website so they don't get lost in the sands of time. Just a suggestion: https://www.gamingalexandria.com/wp/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

Hey, if you somehow still have the interviews you did and posted on multiple forums, then you should contact these guys. They are looking for interviews with old online game developer interviews to repost them on their website so they don't get lost in the sands of time. Just a suggestion: https://www.gamingalexandria.com/wp/

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Sent them an email detailing the handful of interviews i still have raw copies of and warning them they will need a lot of cleaning up, grammar and punctuation wise if they do decide to use them. 

Think I found 12 interviews on file? 

Also forwarded over a handful of misc Atari internal documents related to Lynx games. 

I passed on the bulk of what I had to likes of GTW, Unseen64, Atari mania etc years ago for their projects and didn't keep back-ups. 

16 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

They replied, very friendly. 

Sent just shy of 30 interviews, along with the odds n sods Lynx documents, hopefully they can make good use of some/all of it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

They replied, very friendly. 

Sent just shy of 30 interviews, along with the odds n sods Lynx documents, hopefully they can make good use of some/all of it. 

Trust me, they will. I actually helped them find and release the Game Boy Color prototype of Towers II that was never released in 2020 IIRC, since i had contact with Vince Valenti of JV Games (very nice guy to talk with).

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/9/2022 at 1:45 AM, Lostdragon said:

Here's a poster up for auction to commemorate this nice piece of vapourware.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have you guys seen this? Its been out 2 years and I just ran across it.

Half Saturn review and half documentary its very fascinating. Has stuff I don't remember reading in the book.

It reminded me of this thread with devs contradicting each other. 2 UK friends DazT and Kirby worked in the Saturn and PSX ports respectively.

Kirby seems to say he worked in the PSX port by himself but then in the comments people jump in and say hey wait I helped on those ports as well!  Nearish the end Steve Snake who did the Kega Fusion emulator and the 32X NBA Jam(wasn't aware of this) jumps in and also contradicts Kirby.

The Jaguar version is mentioned around 31:15 in and also later and is referred to as 'legendary'.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...