IGNORED

"Dragonfly" my version of the Atari 7800 SD cartridge

rj1307

Actually now that I think about it...maybe a dayglo or neon like color would be best. That way the whole backside of the cart would light up when my 7800 is powered on with the UV LED I've got in it? Hmm.... 

BTW @rj1307 that purple looks pretty darn close to the darker purple shade that the 7800 stuff would have been branded with. Nice!

On 9/3/2020 at 9:20 PM, Lynxpro said:

Why on Earth do folks cling to the request to play 2600 games on these 7800 SD projects? Get a HARMONY or an UNO for that. Let these projects purely support the complicated 7800 as it is, and maybe incorporate a couple of things the XM would've tackled. That's enough complexity right there.

It would just be convenient and easier on the connector to leave a single cart plugged in at all times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

RJ I have two of your Agacarts and love them.  I am excited for this on the 7800 and will be in for one as well.  Thanks for making this, it's a great piece of engineering.

I have only one AgaCart and admire the clever way it is built mechanically plus the great packaging!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slx said:

It would just be convenient and easier on the connector to leave a single cart plugged in at all times.

Agreed. That’s how I have my systems. Convenient, keeps dust out of the cart slot, and I also believe it would save wear and tear on the connectors since you’re not swapping. 

• Like 2

File this under "stuff that probably doesn't really make a difference", but leaving a cart in all the time also means the console cart connector is subject to creep. IMO leaving in vs changing carts is probably a wash, unless you're doing dozens of cart changes a day, every day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The works on the final version are almost finished, this week the first cartridge will be sent to a colleague gambler172 for testing.

After the recent changes, Dragonfly supports 1MB files, I also added volume controls for Pokey/Covox and YM2151. USB file loading works.

Below is running a 1MB demo - Relax:

IMGP8649.thumb.jpg.34254264fcaf605e8bf32ce863d0f4cf.jpg

IMGP8650.thumb.jpg.16c735e30602026c91b866c866a9a10a.jpg

IMGP8653.thumb.jpg.4b76aedd69cbe322ffc8b53819a8781c.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rj1307 said:

The works on the final version are almost finished, this week the first cartridge will be sent to a colleague gambler172 for testing.

After the recent changes, Dragonfly supports 1MB files, I also added volume controls for Pokey/Covox and YM2151. USB file loading works.

Below is running a 1MB demo - Relax:

Yeah baby, Yeah!  You realize each cart will now need to contain the 'Relax' demo.?

• Like 3

On 11/17/2020 at 4:53 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Yeah baby, Yeah!  You realize each cart will now need to contain the 'Relax' demo.?

I want my Dragonfly to allow my 7800 to have a startup sound that plays Alan Parsons 'Sirius'. Yeah...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

I was thinking more HAL 9000

"I am completely operational and all of my Pokey's are functioning perfectly.."

How about just the "I am completely operational..." part but autotuned to the 'Have you played Atari today?'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3