IGNORED

KC Munchkin II (Atari 2600)

Mr SQL

KCMMII.thumb.jpg.d55ddf1ac57abe72286ad17ce774561e.jpg

EDIT: Added the enhanced SuperCharger version for SillyVenture2020 with carefully tuned PAL colors and an improved power-up tune with help from Al_Nafur! :)

KC_MUNCHKIN_II_PAL.bin   KC_MUNCHKIN_II_NTSC.bin

KC_MUNCHKIN_II.bin

(Flashback Portable Version)

KC Munchkin II, approved by Ed Averett KC's Dad the creator of KC Munchkin on the Magnavox Odyssey2! This CBS RAM Cartridge version is compatible with the Atari Flashback Portable and the Uno Cart!

SuperCharger version comming soon...

The Story:

KC Plays on a very expansive scrolling board and covers a much larger territory than in the prequel with interactive phat background music! 

You can take control of KC from the AI at any time you choose, or play cooperatively allowing the CPU to make some of your moves for you!

Demo: Try just watching the game for a minute in Demo mode without touching the joystick to see how it is played. 

Play: A Joystick is recommended for precision control, but a Sega pad can be used in this sequel.

I've attached the manual for KC Monochrome Dreams which has similar gameplay and will tell you how to find the score! :)

Here is the online version to try in the Javatari emulator which plays excellent.

Note: If you are using Stella or the Retron77 console community build to play, make sure to turn off phosphor emulation and merging frames as this game uses motion blur reduction controlling all 60 frames individually to achieve the fast animation effects without judder. For best play experience, use a classic console and a CRT Television (NTSC)!   

KC_Monochrome_Dreams_Manual.pdf

Edited by Mr SQL
Added enhanced SuperCharger version for PAL and NTSC
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Any chance for a PAL version ?

The maze is very hard to see on my PAL CRT

?

Yes I am creating a PAL version for the SillyVenture 2020 compo! :) 

PAL colors behave more differently than I had thought, I learned that some of the dimmer PAL colors can vanish completely on some systems depending on the type of composite mod while working on a PAL release last year.

I will PM you the PAL build before I release it if you could help me tune it for PAL, I would like to get it as close as possible on all PAL displays.

• Like 1