IGNORED

HSC17 Round 17: The Tombs of Doomb!

50 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

I haven't played these yet, but voting was for 7 games correct?
But ended up with 21 games ?

did you read the "No Complaining" bit ?!! Anyway we only have 5 main games for a month's play, you want 2 more :P

2 hours ago, Deteacher said:

Wow!  I was unable to participate in the Zaxxon round due to work constraints, but I'm back for this tomb-themed marathon.  Starting with King Tut's Tomb:  9,140!

More to come!

Glad to see you back :thumbsup: Round 20 will be the catch-up for the season for any missed games etc.

King Tut's Tomb Settings we're going to go for NO backfire and Skill 1:Difficult (if NTSC this is too crazy then skill 2 is ok). There are several missions, not completed the first one yet to see what is what.

8,308 on these new settings.

Lorien's Tomb - reached level 10, I remeber now the moving platforms change the game, we'll play for level  reached.

Desert Duck, sorry Falcon - 2,772 hmm (doesn't show score at end of go)

Sharpening my Axe :ponder:

If someone can report back on Crypts of Egypt?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Would it be 2 much 2 ask of trbb to put these games on 2 or 3 rom files instead of having to dl 21 games? ;) :) 

I can create menu disks for the XEX/files but several of them are ATR//Boot disks... ok the cut is coming after lunch!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deteacher said:

King Tut (Speed 1):  12,805!  For those that may not know, when you use a smart bomb, not only does it kill all the enemies on the screen, it also restores your shields to maximum.  Use those smart bombs strategically to get the most bang for your buck.  :)

That was Speed1 with no backfire I hope :grin:

Cut time... [see 1st post], I've left Crypts of Eqypt in press fire to shoot, diagonals to jump, the diagonal line "/" on the first row of obstacles is a switch and can be shot to move it - that's all I have for now!!

The round is afoot!

Edited by therealbountybob

48 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

That was Speed1 with no backfire I hope :grin:

Cut time... [see 1st post], I've left Crypts of Eqypt in press fire to shoot, diagonals to jump, the diagonal line "/" on the first row of obstacles is a switch and can be shot to move it - that's all I have for now!!

The round is afoot!

Yes, speed 1 (can see in the pic) with no backfire.  :)

• Like 1

King_tuts_tomb-5548.jpg

Cryptsof Egypt. Unplayable game. I remember her. I had the original cassette version. Mirage software from Poland. I tried to play it several times, unfortunately it always discouraged me. Great graphics, great music (CMC - Chaos Music Composser?), gameplay = a tragedy. I remember comparing it to the game "Hell", also annoying and unplayable.

CoE.jpg

Lorien's Tomb another logical atari game from Poland. in the 90s she delighted with candy graphics and music (CMC again). It plays for a few moments. It seems logical, it is addictive, but it is missing something. Overall, the game is very good. But for a few moments.

ltombs.jpg

A very good game. Requires a joystick. I didn't know this game. surprised me a lot. This seems to be number 1 for this round of HSC

hsard.jpg

another unplayable game:

lost tomp.jpg

Edited by Caco
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Played a few of these games 

Crypts of Egypt 100 points 

Desert Falcon standard skill 7,622 great game
Can it be hacked to show final score?

Lost Tomb 1,360

I wasn't sure about Desert Falcon on my first quick go, was a bit strange that you can go on the land, I was sort of expecting something like Lbue Max! It was a bit jumpy too but will be playing it a lot over the month. Did you play on NTSC emulation - it was ok?

11 hours ago, Caco said:

another unplayable game:

lost tomp.jpg

WHAAAAAAT?!!!!

Lost Tomb is the best game here!!

Shoot the enemies near you with little movement, use the whip to take out the walls to get the chests - don't walk around, or birds coming through walls or if you are in trouble. Watch out for the men, shoot them always! Get all the chests this way and get out of the room, don't kill everything. Keep an eye on the recharge and get somewhere safe. Throne rooms it's only your feet you need to worry about, your body can overlap the traps. Try an remember where you exited a room so you know where you will start in the next one.

;-)

4 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

I wasn't sure about Desert Falcon on my first quick go, was a bit strange that you can go on the land, I was sort of expecting something like Lbue Max! It was a bit jumpy too but will be playing it a lot over the month. Did you play on NTSC emulation - it was ok?

Played NTSC, looks and plays like the Atari 7800 version

Info here 

https://www.mobygames.com/game/atari-7800/desert-falcon

review here

http://www.honestgamers.com/9461/atari-7800/desert-falcon/review.html

Edited by roadrunner

On 9/2/2020 at 12:07 AM, roadrunner said:

Desert Facon The manual seems a lot more exciting than the game! got 22,405 on Standard - shall we play on Advanced ?

Pharaoh's Curse 3,665 with 3 treasures to find ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roadrunner said:

[Desert Falcon]
Maybe standard and/or advanced, advanced for better players? :) 

:thumbsup:

King Tut's Tomb is much more of a game on the new settings: Difficulty 1 and No Backfire (NTSC may play on Difficulty 2 if it's too fast)

Got to level 7 or so, the dirty tactc of using terrible colour schemes got me in the end!!

Looks like the mazes repeat, wonder if the missions are starting on every 5th screen. It seems to get harder then easier again :ponder: 

Two games that don't display last or highest score, so no screenshots:

Crypts of Egypt - 6000+ pts (not sure what my final score was, but you can pump a lot of points by shooting the dragons/ghosts)

Pharaoh's Quest - 1400 pts (it feels like a mix of Pharaoh's Curse and Mountain King)

I realize I need to play King Tut's Tomb again with the new settings. I think the other scores I posted last week still adhere to current settings though.

• Like 1