IGNORED

Beat THRUST contest! (FINISHED!)

Thomas Jentzsch

AFAIK nobody has been able to master Thrust yet (and many probably didn't even try). This has to change :!:

EDIT: This has changed now :!: :D Contest is over!

The first person who masters Thrust (carts only, no emulators!) and posts the screenshots (final screen and score) plus a photo of the winner himself holding the cart here at AA, will get a FREE copy of one of my Atari 2600 homebrews (or hacks). The winner has the choice.

But be warned: Thrust is tough (though not impossible), the "deadly something" is... uhm... deadly :!: :D

The current deadline is 7/31/2004, so you have one whole year to beat the game. And I will prolong the contest while people are active and trying. So post your highscores!

Current highscore:

12/01/03: 212,650 (bjk7382)

History:

11/29/03: 210,800 (bjk7382) :thumbsup: Thrust beaten! :thumbsup:

11/27/03: 192,950 (bjk7382)

11/14/03: 188,800 (bjk7382)

07/30/03: 152,900 (krisjohn)

07/29/03: 075,450 (krisjohn)

BTW: There are currently no Thrust highscores at TG, maybe that would be a good start.

this is just my speculation, but if people are turning in thier old thrusts to get thrust platinum, MAYBE you could talk someone into paying full price for thrust platinum (bling bling) and offer to pay HALF of the price on thrust platinum.. that way they would still get the discount, and you would get the cart only game for a cheaper price than box and all

this is just my speculation, but if people are turning in thier old thrusts to get thrust platinum, MAYBE you could talk someone into paying full price for thrust platinum (bling bling) and offer to pay HALF of the price on thrust platinum.. that way they would still get the discount, and you would get the cart only game for a cheaper price than box and all

I'm sorry, I read that several times and the best I could come up with was "Huh?"

Do people have to turn in old Thrust carts to be able to buy Thrust Platinum?

So. Damn. Close.

Well, not really. Sorry!

I can see you play game #1, so after all 24 missions there you will have to beat another 24 missions at high difficulty (similar to game #3). :twisted:

So, maybe you should start game #3 instead (unless you want to go there with more remaining lifes and extra fuel). "Only" 24 missions then. :twisted:

Inverse Gravity, invisible terrain, level where you can't destroy the powerstation.Just coming out the top passage and I got overloaded trying to thrust and shield so I could see how close I was.

Went a bit high - bamph.

Wow, that's one of the highest score I have seen so far. :thumbsup: How long did you play?

Still your score looks maybe a little bit too low for 23.x missions. Please remember that too many failed missions will be accounted by the game as cheating!

I can see you play game #1, so after all 24 missions there you will have to beat another 24 missions at high difficulty (similar to game #3). :twisted:  

So, maybe you should start game #3 instead (unless you want to go there with more remaining lifes and extra fuel). "Only" 24 missions then.

O-M-G.

bitching.gif

Wow, that's one of the highest score I have seen so far. :thumbsup: How long did you play?

45 minutes, maybe an hour? Wasn't watching the clock, sorry. :)

Still your score looks maybe a little bit too low for 23.x missions. Please remember that too many failed missions will be accounted by the game as cheating!

Seriously? Cheating? I only blew up levels 4 and 5 three times and maybe level 3 twice.

I really should read the manual again... :D

Seriously? Cheating?  I only blew up levels 4 and 5 three times and maybe level 3 twice.

Yup, you need at least about 90..95% (even I thought asking for 100% might be a little bit too hard ;)) of the possible points. Failing at 8 missions is definitely way too much. Guess why I gave you one whole year! :P :D

I really should read the manual again... :D

Yup, that might help. :)

Meanwhile, I think I might have found a bug.  If you drain a fuel tank a bit then shoot it (I was getting a bit close in reverse gravity) the next fuel tank doesn't contain the full amount.

Is this known/likely?

Yup, that's made by design. I don't have enough RAM to store the remaining fuel for every tank. Therefore I am cheating and use only one single variable.

E.g. You can partially drain one tank and then get the remains from a 2nd one. If you go back to the 1st one it is completely filled again. Magic! :D

But the total amount is always the same.