IGNORED

Beat THRUST contest! (FINISHED!)

Thomas Jentzsch

• 2 weeks later...
I just got my Thrust + Platnum in the mail today. GREAT GAME to say the least. And very hard too. I plan on trying to get some high scores up here but right now I can't even get past level three on game 1. Guess I need some practice.

:idea: Try the rookie mode game #5. That should help you to get used to the controls without to much frustration.

I just got 15000 on game 3. I will tell you this, I am a pro at the first 3 levels now.

Congratulations! :)

So do you have to have the foot pedals to use the driving paddle?

Not in theory, but practically yes. :)

The DC (plugged into port2) doesn't have the up and down directions of a joystick and therefore you either need a joystick or (better!) a footpedal (both in port 1).

So, unless you are able to use a DC with one hand and a joystick with the other hand you need something like the foot pedal.

I think I will just stick to the joystick. I think I am getting the hang of it anyway. Just a side note about the scores people are sending in, you can change the game and still have your score displayed. The following picture is of one I played on GAME 5 and then switched it it number one, so it really isn't a REAL score. I don't know if you knew that or not, but you are going to have to take peoples word on what game they played it on

post-3803-1066493879_thumb.jpg

So Thomas is there some kind of end screen after the game is over? Some way to prove that the game is beaten.

;)

Thats easy... I can do that in less than a week on game 5.

That would be harder to finish. Read over the thread again, the quickest way

to finish the game is to start on game 3 (or 4?) because you have less levels to beat.

Not really, I can already make it to level 11 without dying more than twice on game 1. I think it would be better to go thru all of the easy levels and rack up the score so you can still have the highest score. Even though if someone does beat the game score won't matter then.

Not really, I can already make it to level 11 without dying more than twice on game 1. I think it would be better to go thru all of the easy levels and rack up the score so you can still have the highest score. Even though if someone does beat the game score won't matter then.

:idea: Going through the easier missions makes only sense if you have more lifes and/or fuel when you start the last 24 missions.

The game is not beaten by a special score, each game variation has its own score. The more missions until the end (1+2 = 48; 3+4 = 24; 5 = 60), the higher the needed score.

I just got over a hundred grand. Why didn't you let the game go up to 111,160. it only displayed as 11160?

The scoring display is a bit tricky. The last but one digit modulo 5 (e.g. 6 mod 5 = 1) represents the 100,000s. So I can identify your score as 111,150.

This is due to some limitations of the 2600 (I can only display 6 digits, but I need the first digit for the remaining lifes) and because I wanted to keep the scoring of the C64 original (else I would have divided all scores by 5).

I am still not quite sure how to read scores over 100,000 yet. What is a modulo? I did get pretty far in the game. How many levels are there on game 5? I got to mission 21, I didn't cheat one time either, My score at the top read 49360 but I know it was over 100,000. Atariage isn't letting me upload pics right now so I will put one up tomorrow.

-Brad Karston

I am still not quite sure how to read scores over 100,000 yet. What is a modulo?

:idea: Modulo 5 means, that you divide the number by 5 and take the remainder (xxxx0..9 mod 5 = 0..4, 0..4).

I did get pretty far in the game. How many levels are there on game 5? I got to mission 21, I didn't cheat one time either.

:idea: Game #5 is the longest one, you are playing 12 missions on rookie difficulty, then follow 24 missions on normale difficulty (= game #1), and finally 24 missions on high difficulty (= game #3). So in total there are 60 missions. The necessary score to beat Thrust on game #5 after those 60 missions is ~440,000 points.

BTW: When playing on game #5, after 24 missions (all other games: 12 missions) you will encounter the "DEADLY something". :evil: ;)

My score at the top read 49360 but I know it was over 100,000.  Atariage isn't letting me upload pics right now so I will put one up tomorrow.

That's a score of 149,350. :thumbsup:

(very close to the current high score, though that one was achieved playing game #1).

yeah, I had a feeling the scores worked like that for the game numbers. I am just trying to get as much paractice as possible. I don't blow up any of the planets, that alone makes it a lot harder. Once I get good enough I will go thru it on game 3 and put everyone to shame 8)

post-3803-1066932093_thumb.jpg