IGNORED

Help me make a ROM file!

per guide:

General notes about build.bat:
  • automatically switches to ROM building if there is even one ROM asset in assets.txt. You can still use build PROJECT ROM though

I have more than one ROM asset. I put "build zyx ROM." I got a whole bunch of stupid errors. What am I doing wrong?

build.log

If you have ROM assets, you don't even have to add ROM to the end of the build as the program realizes it and will build it as a ROM regardless.

There's more to it than just changing the assets in the asset file to ROM instead of ABS, if you're trying to add the audio to be read from ROM, you have to change it in the code as well. I'm not sure what you're changing though so there are a ton of other variables but those two come to mind immediately. I would recommend experimenting with a file that's not your main program to add and read sound/etc before jumping in and changing everything in a main program then wrecking it. Makes it far more difficult when you change 20 things and then it breaks and you don't know why.

I've spent an hour trying to figure out what I did wrong after changing something that is so minor it shouldn't affect anything only to go on to make a major change then revert and it's still broken because I'm so blindsided by the fact that what I did as a major change wrecked something and leaves me scratching my head only realizing I did something super stupid just a moment before that but didn't test it first and just continued on like fine and dandy lol so I guess, just make sure you didn't change anything else either along the way while also deciding to convert everything to ROM.

Edited by Clint Thompson