IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Weeks 18/19 ~ Hot HomeBrews

Vocelli

Final note from me to those guys who wrote these games

MASSIVE CONGRATS!!

I can just imagine how many hours you spent making your vision come to reality

The testing, the hurdles, the frustration but then the JOY when it all comes together!

It is great to see the 2600 still alive and kicking in 2020 with these NEW games on the horizon

Keep it up!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, nads said:

Final note from me to those guys who wrote these games

MASSIVE CONGRATS!!

I can just imagine how many hours you spent making your vision come to reality

The testing, the hurdles, the frustration but then the JOY when it all comes together!

It is great to see the 2600 still alive and kicking in 2020 with these NEW games on the horizon

Keep it up!

Thanks mate, much appreciated and im glad you enjoyed City Defence along with the other games. Great scores by the way ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Armscar Coder said:

@Rogerpoco and @Jason_Atari, awesome job!  Not sure how many attempts led up to these scores, but they are great feats considering you have been only playing for a week or so.

What warms my heart more is @Lauren Tyler posting a good score after her initial reaction.  Thanks for giving it another try.

@Jason_Atari, as far as the button issue goes, when starting a new level by pressing the fire button, a stored power-up should not be activated until the button is released and depressed again.  I am pretty sure I tested that many times, but just to make sure I verified it again on my 2600 system this morning.  I haven't gotten any similar feedback, so not sure what would be going on there.  Maybe try to replicate it and let me know?  Regardless, thanks for the feedback.

- Armscar Coder

Thanks, it's a great game you've created, definitely on my shopping list.

Tried what you said about holding down the button and starting the level and it worked great. What i think was happening was i was pressing the button on 1 specific joystick of mine, the contact on the fire button was intermittent and would activate more than once.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jason_Atari said:

Thanks, it's a great game you've created, definitely on my shopping list.

Tried what you said about holding down the button and starting the level and it worked great. What i think was happening was i was pressing the button on 1 specific joystick of mine, the contact on the fire button was intermittent and would activate more than once.

Cheers

I realized this time around on Dragster, I only have a couple of sticks with a REALLY solid fire button, the others give little bobbles that you really wouldn't notice unless you were pretty good(Dammit, I love myself...).

:P

So that's what I was thinking, even if one didn't notice that the fire button had a "bobble", it could still be happening and "trick" the game into thinking there were two inputs.

• Like 1

Sneaking onto AtariAge real quick during lunch.

4 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

I didn't know you could save a "power up" and take it the next round.  Can you save more than one?

@Atarian7, no, you cannot save more than one power-up.  The stored power-up is indicated by the icon just to left of the score (what I call Hank's power pocket).  If it just looks like a rectangle, it means it is empty.  The other icons are somewhat self-explanatory:

Dog invincibility -> dog icon

Truck pause -> truck icon

Double Package -> "x2" icon

Fast Feet -> This is one that is a little bit of a stretch.  It is supposed to be a foot sharing the shape of an "F" for "fast."

If you have a power-up stored and pet Crazy Culvert Kitty, you will get another power-up chosen at random and it becomes active immediately (due to randomness, it may be the same power-up stored in Hank's power pocket).  You can always activate the stored power-up by pressing the fire button, except when a power-up is already active (as described in the previous sentence).

@Jason_Atari, happy to hear (and relieved) that the button issue may be on your end.  Thanks for the update.

- Armscar Coder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2020 at 11:41 AM, Vocelli said:

OK.... Moderator Judgement call.

Assuming that any score over 20k,  mistakenly used the glitch....

...All current scores over 20k will have to be replayed.

Sorry.... I will inform all players about the glitch who posted over 20k.

Yes, my score from last week did this also, so please strike it from the board.  

Doggone It!-52,396!

Who let the dogs out?

Man...I'm holding a package. Dude moved RIGHT before the End Screen-I'm not sure I could have gotten closer to beating that level w/o beating it, that hurt.

*Edit*

Sorry to rattle on about this, mebbe a little more personable than the HSC typically is, but a duck is a duck, and I talk a lot(type...).

I'm not all that analytical, but I've noticed many times, and *possibly* even said aloud, that Jason and I, to me, seem to be in near about the "exact same place" with relative skillsets, particular enthusiasm, etc. Is more than one thing, and can't really put a finger on it better than that, but I've thought in the past we were "kindred souls" of some kind.

Anyway.

In my other scoring circles, I kinda bounce back and forth, sometimes with my head up my own butt, just doing whatever occurs to me, but I DO like to compete, head to head, with an individual or group of individuals on a specific game, beating each other back and forth daily-OldManG on Grand Prix(best...Dude...ever...), Terrence O'neill on Super Monaco, Genesis/Megadrive, A couple buds on Super Mario Kart(which I actually kinda suck at, but it's fun...).

I certainly don't mind to win, lol, but I really don't mind "losing" either, 'cause I don't really look at it that way-when I am in a head to head, the point to me is to push each other to wind up getting better, overall results be damned.

This has been awesome! I am glad you are so good at this game, because if you weren't, I wouldn't be.

:)

If the "top score" was "safe", I may well have drifted off to something else, but in keeping at it, the game is definitely getting "easier", in the sense that I have played it a lot, and know what to expect, am actually "planning ahead" with power ups and stuff.

So I hope you roll your eyes and groan when I beat your score, like I do, lol, but also like me, I hope you put a smile on your face and try again.

2600Doggoneit52396.png

Edited by Rogerpoco
  • Like 6

Doggone It!-

You really need a "good start"-getting a few 2x power ups early, and using them "properly"(learning to deliver two packages with one power up)is pretty important to a good score.

Fight hard, even in later levels, to finish with a pocketed power up-that seems redundant, we already know that, but I am starting to finish the levels at the 40k+ point now with a pocketed power-up, makes a big score difference, and it CAN be done.

Learn the relative timing of the Kitty-if it's gonna come out soon and you are down to the last packages, there are a few instances to actually wait a sec-IMO, the 2x is the overall best power up, if you don't have one, you can take a chance and hope to(use)trade your pocketed power up and pick up a "better" one, and if you already have a 2x pocketed, if you get a 2x you'll still recieve bonus points for two packages delivered, tho you only delivered one(I think...), and any of the other three will help you complete the level "faster". So if the kitty is "close", it might be worth waiting out.

Good Luck!!!

• Like 6