IGNORED

TI BASIC/TI EXTENDED BASIC Games that are worth to be compiled...

tmop69

Thanks for that one. To the best of my knowledge my version of Blackbox was the first computer version to acknowledge the inventor (and it had his consent) as well as the first computer game licensed by Waddingtons. In the USA the boxed game was later issued by Parkers. There is even a University analysis paper at https://www.math.uci.edu/icamp/summer/research/student_research/blackbox.pdf
Doctor Solomon advised that he was inspired by the CAT scanner.

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 6

A new compiled game. A commercial game from Lantern Software:

- Hunchback Havoc. The game had a bug with timer from 2nd level (impossible to pass) that now is fixed. Moreover, now the timer on screen is decrementing (the original game has a fixed value). Added some trainer modes for timer.

Read the full description on TI99IUC page (Hunchback Havoc).

Have fun!

[GAME] Hunckback Havoc (1983)(Lantern Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 5

15 hours ago, tmop69 said:

A new compiled game. A commercial game from Lantern Software:

- Hunchback Havoc. The game had a bug with timer from 2nd level (impossible to pass) that now is fixed. Moreover, now the timer on screen is decrementing (the original game has a fixed value). Added some trainer modes for timer.

Read the full description on TI99IUC page (Hunchback Havoc).

Have fun!

[GAME] Hunckback Havoc (1983)(Lantern Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip 10.68 kB · 10 downloads

After reading the instructions, it seems that to reset the timer (and be able to pass the level) it's necessary to deactivate the reactor on the right after having collected the gems. So, an update is available with an additional trainer options to disable or not the deactivation of the reactor.

- Hunchback Havock V1.1. The instructions are on the TI99IUC site (Hunckback Havock Manual & Covers).

[GAME] Hunckback Havock V1.1 (1983)(Lantern Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

How would we get a top 10 of the best compiled games? 

On the Excel file in the MegaPack there is the column "I" with my (personal) rates for the games. If you then sort for column "H" (genre) you should have the top list based on your preferences. I've not rated the adventures, since I've just played the minimum to check if working fine.

I was expecting some help/collaboration/engagement from the TI community here on AA to (first) test games and also to provide their personal rating, etc. but I think people are just downloading stuff. Maybe the lack of software in '80s (if compared to other platforms, eg. C64, Spectrum, etc.) has triggered off the aptitude to just "accumulate" instead of using the software... ;-) 

If someone here would like to provide the list of top games with the rate (1 to 10) I'll surely update the Excel file calculating the average score.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, tmop69 said:

On the Excel file in the MegaPack there is the column "I" with my (personal) rates for the games. If you then sort for column "H" (genre) you should have the top list based on your preferences. I've not rated the adventures, since I've just played the minimum to check if working fine.

I was expecting some help/collaboration/engagement from the TI community here on AA to (first) test games and also to provide their personal rating, etc. but I think people are just downloading stuff. Maybe the lack of software in '80s (if compared to other platforms, eg. C64, Spectrum, etc.) has triggered off the aptitude to just "accumulate" instead of using the software... ;-) 

If someone here would like to provide the list of top games with the rate (1 to 10) I'll surely update the Excel file calculating the average score.

Thank you, it's great that you rate the games. I never noticed because I just download a game from time to time that sounds interesting. I will try some of the highest rated games now ? 

• Like 4

Other games:

- Laser. Added joystick support;

- Cannonball Run. Added joystick support;

- Grab the Money and Ski. With Speech.

Have fun.

[GAME] Cannonball Run (198x)(Andrew Zagni)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Grab the Money and Ski (198x)(Peter Blacha)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Laser (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 7