IGNORED

TI BASIC/TI EXTENDED BASIC Games that are worth to be compiled...

tmop69

19 minutes ago, mizapf said:

One "t" too much (Kristall).

Yes, corrected the typo thanks. 

I would like to know if someone could help to create a one only large .BIN file containing all the three ones.
someone know if it could be possible to do?

• 3 weeks later...

*    TI BASIC/EXTENDED BASIC COMPILED GAMES     *
*                         MEGA PACK V6.0.0                              *

All the games (600+) in one .zip archive, with scripts to rename for FinalGROM (I've only tested the Windows script, not the Un*x counterpart).

This pack replaces the previous .zip (some of the games in the previous archives received an update and are included in this new pack).

*** Have Fun with your TI99! ***

TI99_Compiled_Games_MEGA_Pack_V6.0.0_by_TMOP.zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.6.3.xlsx

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks SteveB, I went ahead and added your file to the Texas Instruments TI99/4A(New) Facebook user's groups files as well as Github. Someone has already asked for it, so I appreciate your effort getting this done so quickly.

Edited by Cheung
Added to Git too
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, tmop69 said:

A "bonus" pack with approx. 50 TI BASIC games that cannot be compiled (with floating point math...), converted in SSS format for FinalGROM, MiSTer, etc.

TIBASIC_to_SSS_MEGA_Pack_V1.0.2_Addendum_by_TMOP.zip 331.17 kB · 50 downloads

love these cart packs!

i seem to be missing 3 BASIC/cart games if these numbers are correct.

the addendum pack above has 115-162.

in the MEGA pack v4.10 there are only 112 files in this dir...

SSS_Games_TIBasic

does any one have the complete set they can share, or are they missing for a reason?.

Thanks!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, .mad. said:

love these cart packs!

i seem to be missing 3 BASIC/cart games if these numbers are correct.

the addendum pack above has 115-162.

in the MEGA pack v4.10 there are only 112 files in this dir...

SSS_Games_TIBasic

does any one have the complete set they can share, or are they missing for a reason?.

Thanks!

Good that someone loves my cart packs! 🙂

In attachment there is the TIBASIC_to_SSS_MEGA_Pack_V1.0.1.zip with the 2 missing files (it's also available on the TI99IUC site: TI BASIC Mega Pack 1.0.1). The MiSTer Megapack 4.1.0 will be updated soon with the new Beta cores and it will include also the 162 TI Basic SSS. I hope that other people here on AA could help in generating the SSS for all the other existing BASIC games, so we could have the complete collection in this format...

TIBASIC_to_SSS_MEGA_Pack_V1.0.1.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@tmop69

1 hour ago, tmop69 said:

[...]I hope that other people here on AA could help in generating the SSS for all the other existing BASIC games, so we could have the complete collection in this[...]

I also would love to have the same possibility for the Extended BASIC games, really hope that someone will find a solution to create SSS .BIN from XB programs without needs to compile them as it happens for the TI-BASIC ones.

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

@tmop69

I also would love to have the same possibility for the Extended BASIC games, really hope that someone will find a solution to create SSS .BIN from XB programs without needs to compile them as it happens for the TI-BASIC ones.

There are a couple of major problems with this idea (not necessarily insoluble, just major). The first one would be the most difficult part: you still have to have the XB cartridge loaded to launch your SSS cartridge. Because of this limitation forced by the fact that the program is reliant on the code from the other module, you have to set some hooks into the XB cartridge code to have it grab the SSS code, lob it into the 32K space, and then execute it. Then, you have to write a program tool chain that can grab the XB program (from disk or from memory, with from memory being the better option as it can be set to continue program execution from a current memory state) and copy it to cartridge ROM space using ROM banks beyond those being used by the XB cartridge (this number will currently vary between 2 (TI XB, Triton SEB, and Knerr XB 2.7) and 4 (Winkler's XB3 and RXB). XB 2.9 and Mechatronic XB buth have routines they lob into the lower 8K of the TI's memory, so their use here may be more difficult to accomplish. The resulting file set from a game that doesn't do anything special will be relatively huge (up to 40K of GROM, 32K of BASIC routines, and the XB program itself (up to 24K in the simplest implementation possible). There are currently only two available hardware solutions to run something like that: the UberGROM (for a permanent cartridge of the program) or the FinalGROM (able to flexibly load and run the images). The Strange Cart may also be able to do this, based on what I've seen of it, so hardware isn't the major problem--the software to build these things is.   

• Like 3

@Ksarul Maybe an easier way could be to use Classic 99 to dump the VDP and 24K space of the loaded XB program and then use the Java cart tool by @Asmusr to create the target SSS (XB .C .D and .G files and the VDP, 24K dumps). Of course, some kind of loader is needed to instruct the SSS to run the XB program after the launch of XB. So now we need the help of TI99 gurus in the forum. 🙂 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 7:35 AM, tmop69 said:

Other two games from Sweden:

-  Burger. Nice Burghertime clone, with 4 levels. Description on TI99IUC page (Burger);

found a few bugs in this one.

level 2 if you walk over half of the cheese then the whole of the bun above it.

the level messes up an turns the background white (making burgerman invisible).

639842255_burgerbug1.png.73fcdd81962c25bdf5dac581ac0b9279.png40165707_Burgerbug1a.png.6e076b539953d722e8225686a505b77f.png

the next level has a similar problem with the burger bun falling below the level line.

so level can not be completed.

notice the lettuce is missing after bun landed on it.

240140863_burgerbug2.png.e792df7219c39c672212561419b9a7fe.png

any chance of a fix. :)

Edited by .mad.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, .mad. said:

found a few bugs in this one.

level 2 if you walk over half of the cheese then the whole of the bun above it.

the level messes up an turns the background white (making burgerman invisible).

639842255_burgerbug1.png.73fcdd81962c25bdf5dac581ac0b9279.png40165707_Burgerbug1a.png.6e076b539953d722e8225686a505b77f.png

the next level has a similar problem with the burger bun falling below the level line.

so level can not be completed.

notice the lettuce is missing after bun landed on it.

240140863_burgerbug2.png.e792df7219c39c672212561419b9a7fe.png

any chance of a fix. :)

is the bug present also in the XB version?

Yes.

The XB version doesn't change the colour, but it does stop with bad value in 540.

0002.png.4d2b5ea212de1875292a8ed0800a75d4.png

the game BASIC is just buggy.

problems seem occur if you do not clear whole items of the burger, before another one above it.

i have seen half of the cheese graphic in a completed burger.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished up Warlords (of the Rings) if any of you brave souls want to have a go at creating a cartridge file for it. I wasn't able to get the -X/-Y executable to run unless the Loader had loaded it but Senior Falcon was able to get it running, so whoever wants to give it a go will need to compile it also. It runs fine when compiled but for whatever reason, something goes wrong with the executables I'm generating - maybe my setup is screwy.

Anyhow, if someone wants to give it a shot, you'll need to put the 2 data files on DSK1.

INSTDAT README.txt WARDATA WARLOR

• Like 3