IGNORED

TI BASIC/TI EXTENDED BASIC Games that are worth to be compiled...

tmop69

9 hours ago, tmop69 said:

I've partially translated from Dutch to English

* I left the control keys the same

* and put some REM statements 565 = char for "Z" and 635   (now the program runs also in Extended Basic)

Original listing back into German language of the magazine.

HOUSE-GERMAN

but maybe you can make a .bin for the English version again?

Translated into English language

(and avoided the "Y" as much as possible, as it is used for the graphic definitions)

HOUSE-ENGLISH

Edited by globeron
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

In this folder is OTHELLO which is the original TI BASIC Othello program I wrote. I think you can compile this without changes and then do whatever you want with it.

OthelloHW.zip 9.88 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks! I've added the joystick support and compiled into a SSS.

[GAME] Othello HW (198x)(H. Wilhem)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.1.9.xlsx

• Like 4

4 hours ago, globeron said:

* I left the control keys the same

* and put some REM statements 565 = char for "Z" and 635   (now the program runs also in Extended Basic)

Original listing back into German language of the magazine.

HOUSE-GERMAN 12.13 kB · 2 downloads

but maybe you can make a .bin for the English version again?

Translated into English language

(and avoided the "Y" as much as possible, as it is used for the graphic definitions)

HOUSE-ENGLISH 12.13 kB · 2 downloads

I've merged your translation (better than mine using Google translate...) in my previous version. The "Y" was not a problem, since was already "patched" to avoid gfx glitches. I've also discovered how to move to floor 3... but no spoilers! ? 

So, here is the updated  V1.1

[GAME] The House of Horror V1.1 (1984)(Hans Stolicka)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.1.9.xlsx

• Like 5

More compiled games:

- Ant Wars from Not-Polyoptics: a ant simulation/strategy game. Thanks to @ti99iuc for the game;

- Pac-Man: a Pac Man clone published on TI99NewSoft Magazine;

- OXO: a nice tris game;

- Slot: a classic casinò game.

[GAME] Ant Wars (198x)(Not-Polyoptics)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] PacMan (1984)(M.M.G. Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] OXO (198x)(Joe Morris)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Slots (1984)(Bob Stoffers)[Compiled by TMOP]_8.zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.2.0.xlsx

• Like 6

Other games:

- Miner Pat: platform. I patched some stuff in this games, since it was impossible to comple. Now it's just difficult, but you can pass the level. ;-) 

Tic Tac Toe: classic board game;

Peg Jump: a solitaire, from TI;

4 In A Row: a Connect 4 clone;

Color Codes: a MasterMind clone.

[GAME] 4 In A Row (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Color Codes (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Miner Pat (1984)(Patrick Schmitz)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Peg Jump (1980)(Texas Instruments)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Tic Tac Toe (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.2.1.xlsx

• Like 4

Hello- in another thread sparkdrummer asked about a possible bug in the Not Polyoptics game ADDVANCE- not a bug but using a 1 GOTO 1 to end the game with a frozen display requiring a BREAK.  The line is 2570 which is applied when one player reaches the target score-  I'd suggest setting from 50 to 100 as a target!

Having had a close look at the program and of course playtested it, it looks like it may be worth some quick plays- if the speed could be a bit faster. It takes too long for the computer to think of its move.

In case you don't have it here is a dsk with the program.

s

addv.dsk

56 minutes ago, blackbox said:

Hello- in another thread sparkdrummer asked about a possible bug in the Not Polyoptics game ADDVANCE- not a bug but using a 1 GOTO 1 to end the game with a frozen display requiring a BREAK.  The line is 2570 which is applied when one player reaches the target score-  I'd suggest setting from 50 to 100 as a target!

Having had a close look at the program and of course playtested it, it looks like it may be worth some quick plays- if the speed could be a bit faster. It takes too long for the computer to think of its move.

In case you don't have it here is a dsk with the program.

s

addv.dsk 90 kB · 1 download

ok, I'll give it a try. I've just run it and it is terribly slow! ? What do you suggest to patch the 2570 line? Just to print some message, wait for a key press and restart the game?

I haven't tried it but something along the lines of:

2570 PRINT "ANY KEY TO END"

2571 CALL KEY(0,K,S)

2572 IF S<>0 THEN 2571

2573 STOP  (or go to first line etc)

should work at the cost of shifting the screen up a line.      s

Edited by blackbox

So, we have now, in compiled form:

- Addvance, now really fast! The computer response is immediate. It's a strategy game;

TI'IZED MasterMind. Now a bug free version of this game;

- Weed, an action/strategy game.

[GAME] Addvance - Computerized Board Game (1981)(Not-Polyoptics)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] TI'IZED MasterMind (1982)(JW Vincent)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Weed (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.2.2.xlsx

• Like 4

Since there are more than 100 compiled games, it's time to prepare the updated MEGAPACK, including all the stuff.

It's also the right chance for the updates/tweaks/fixes of games. So, let me know if what you have tested is working fine, needs some tuning, etc.

• Like 1

Some compiled games to play this Sunday:

Quazimodo from Intrigue Software (as requested by @Firefly);

HunchBack Rescue (aka Eusebio or Buckliger). This is the one screen BASIC version of Quasimodo. The SSS contains the 3 versions (in English, Italian and German);

Molasses Man, a pac-man clone, really tough;

Checkers Solitaire  from Addatex Software. Nice solitaire game;

- Checkers, the classic board game;

- Kat Traxx, another nice clone of the snake game.

[GAME] Checkers (198x)(Garry Kirsch)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Checkers Solitaire (198x)(Addatex Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] HunchBack Rescue (aka Eusebio or Buckliger) (1987)(Carsten Ziepke)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Kat Traxx (1983)(S. Walker)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Molasses Man (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Quasimodo (1984)(Intrigue Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.2.3.xlsx

• Like 9

The game set up for Maketracks is fairly slow but gameplay is rather fast to make the number of track moves you need - even in TI Basic!   I am still trying for a score.

You score by making the ball pass through the "off tracks" at top and bottom marked with heavy lining. For my skills I think I need a slower game!!!

s

• Haha 2

A new compiled game:

- Adventureland. It reminds me some Atari 2600 games for the gfx style. ? 

I've updated some of the older games from the first Mega Pack:

- Adventuremania and Mania: minor changes;

- 3D Labyrinth: has a smoother movement now. Fixed bug at the end of game (you cannot see the number of moves, etc.);

- Dark Maze: fixed some bugs (in the compiled version it does not detect when the sword is picked up, etc.). Now it should be fully playable;

Dedalus: added joystick support, other fixes;

- Hot Road: added joystick support, added slow game mode, etc.

- Nibbler and Nibbler II: since are basically the same game, I've set different speed, so one is a little easy to play.

- Nerm of Bemer, Boa Alley, Archeodroid. Smooth movements.

All the updates received some polishing and minor aesthetical fixes and the delays added for keyboard and gfx (to adapt to the increased speed gained with the compilation) have now different values (similar to what I did in the recent games) for a better experience.

Finally, I've updated the list adding some rates (my personal), if tested with FinalGROM, etc.

Have a nice weekend. 

[GAME] Adventureland (1985)(Pavar)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] 3D-Labyrinth V1.1 (1983)(Marc Bruening & Wolfgang Bertsch)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Adventuremania V1.1 (1983)(Intrigue Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Archeologic Droid V1.1 (1984)(HC)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Boa Alley v1.1 (19xx)(Tarik Isani)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Daddie's Hot Rod V1.1 (1983)(Lantern Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] DarkMaze V1.2 (2010)(Adam Haase)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Dedalus V1.1 (2010)(Walid Maalouli)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Mania V1.1 (1983)(Intrigue Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Nibbler II V1.1 (1984)(by MMG - TI99 NewSoft)(Compiled by TMOP).zip [GAME] Nibbler V1.1 (1985)(by MMG - TI99 NewSoft)(Compiled by TMOP).zip.zip [GAME] Nerm of Bemer V1.1 (1984)(Compute)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.2.4.xlsx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

ZARQUON- I posted a version without machine code way back in post 39 in this thread but I can't find a compiled version- is it not possible?

Patrick!!!  The author of Zarquon was one of the first- and one of the most successful UK TI programmers, way way back...  welcome to the fold.

Patricks programs were:
 1- posted here but not yet compiled? Zarquon

2 I have and can post here- Patscram Mission

3- missing believed lost- anyone have a file?
      3D Race;  Man and Monsters; Night Flight; Planet Destroyer

s

Edited by blackbox
missed one
  • Like 3