IGNORED

Where to buy/repair a Commodore 64?

CT

Well I took my C64 out of the attic last night, dusted it off, and turned it on for the first time in 15 years. Unfortunately, I was greated by the message: Out of Memory Error", or something similar to that.

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy site that repairs C64s or sells just the system for a reasonable price?

Thanks!

You get that message on start up? Sounds like one or more of the memory chips has gone kaput then, or the memory controller has. Best bet is to just find another one on eBay, they're common and cheap :)

Though remember to keep the old one for spare parts ;)

If you are still looking, I have a 64C (the later model) and a couple of c128's I'll sell for cheap. In case you don't know, the 128 has c64 mode.

I also have a number of 1541 and 1571 drives and quite a bit of software as well as complete GEOS software, in original boxes and c64&128 books. I sell just the computer or an entire system. the 64c is missing a key on the keyboard, but works fine otherwise and has been upgraded (I can tell you how if interested). just PM me.