IGNORED

“Xbox doesn’t have enough exclusives...”

Loafer

PEople don’t complain when its in their favor but they certainly will when it’s against them.  I dont hear a lot of God of War, Spider-man, Last of Us etc fans complain that their game isn’t available on the competitions’ console.  Same with Halo/Gears of War from Xbox fans.

It is what it is.  Not everyone is made out of money but I’ve bought both the PS4 and the XBox One (X when it launched too) for that very reason, it’s part of the game and I’m fortunate to have been able to afford it.  In saying that, I’ve still not pre-ordered the system and won’t until I see something that is that damn good.  At this moment and time, “reduced loading times” are an insufficient carrot to motivate me into buying either system though I’d think about it more if it came with a 2 terabyte min drive.  You are almost guaranteed to need to spend at least another couple of hundred bucks to buy that extra SSD drive.

• 5 weeks later...

F...

Well, Microsoft does seem to put some of their games on other systems at least (including rare, minecraft, others) BUT, Microsoft basically killed rare, yeah, they had viva pinata, and...uh...rare replay...?... I mean, outside of first party, rare was one of the, if not THE greatest third party maker of games from late 80's to early 00's, and now their (might as well be) gone.

They better damn well at minimum make use of ES, FO, and Doom IP's instead of just sweeping it under the rug like they did with rare.

On 10/23/2020 at 8:12 AM, Video said:

F...

Well, Microsoft does seem to put some of their games on other systems at least (including rare, minecraft, others) BUT, Microsoft basically killed rare, yeah, they had viva pinata, and...uh...rare replay...?... I mean, outside of first party, rare was one of the, if not THE greatest third party maker of games from late 80's to early 00's, and now their (might as well be) gone.

So Rare made games for other consoles besides Nintendo before M$ bought them out...?

13 hours ago, MrMaddog said:

So Rare made games for other consoles besides Nintendo before M$ bought them out...?

Very occasionally... 

Think this was a European Only release? 

Battletoads was i think licensed out to Tradewest for Mega Drive and Amiga CD32. 

Not console, but you also had The  Sales Curve  announcing ports of Solar Jetman for the ZX Spectrum, C64, ST abd Amiga. 

The C64, Amiga and Atari ST versions were complete and the ZX Spectrum reached a playable demo stage,but was canned due to poor sales of the NES original and perceived unsuitability for the home computer markets.

C64 Version was recovered and shared. 

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@DJ Clae  While I'm bummed about the lack of a new Halo this holiday I'm still excited about the new hardware. I might pick one up in a couple months when the console is in plentiful supply. I have dozens of games that will benefit from the newer more powerful specs. So people knocking it for the lack of games is a non-issue for me at least.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 11:23 AM, IntelliMission said:

First Rare, then this.

There's no stopping Microsoft now!

?

I still see Microsoft getting it's ass handed to it by Sony and Nintendo. Don't kid yourself. It's going to take more than a compilation  of old games and a collection of glitchy rpg's to win the war. Early numbers show the exact same thing is going to happen. Buying Bethesda doesn't=sales.

The second Silent Hill and Metal Gear solid are officially brought into the equation...........all hope is lost and yet another Playstation crosses the 100,000,000 mark. Microsoft will be revisiting the idea of selling off their gaming division again soon enough.

I agree, sn8k. Maybe their 'play anywhere' strategy with Game Pass will be successful, but not enough players will be convinced they need a Series X. With the more traditional console strategy of PS5, it's clear to consumers why they need to buy it to get in on Sony's next gen experience.

And it remains to be seen if Series S will pay off. I think it's a misstep that just dilutes the messaging for Series X, and isn't a good value proposition for the consumer. (Should just go all in on Series X, get a bigger hard drive and disc drive, get the full next gen experience, even if you don't have a 4K TV. It just doesn't make sense to sell the half-assed experience, especially since the promised identical lower res experience isn't always being delivered.)

Edited by DJ Clae