IGNORED

BOOTi issues...

dafivehole

So I bought one of these about a month ago and put Total Replay on it and it works great... however, I cannot get any other files/games to work.  The instructions say "The BOOTI card is a block device emulator that allows you to mount up to 8 devices in any Apple II (II/II+/original IIe/enhanced IIe/IIgs). Disk images can be in .po/.dsk/.2mg/.iso/.hdv/.do, as long as the image is in ProDOS block order (not track/sector order)."

Total Replay has a .2mg extension and every other file/game that I've found online only has .nib (which I know won't work) or .dsk (which should work but doesn't).  Any idea why the .dsk files won't work?  I honestly have no idea what "PRODOS block order" means...

Also, how do you get multiple disk games to work (like Maniac Mansion, Black Cauldron, King's Quest, etc)?  What happens when you're asked to swap disks during game play?

My setup is an Enhanced ][e with the Rev. B motherboard and 80Col/64K card (jumper installed).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Roger

I could be wrong here, not totally well versed in A2 yet..

But I don't think .dsk means Prodos.  I think you can have DOS3x or Pascal based disk images that are .dsk and I think a lot of the ones flying around probably aren't ProDos.

You can use AppleCider to try check, validate that.  There is an info option in there somewhere to tell you what type of image it actually is.

• Like 1

Unlike the CFFA, Booti will not work with single disk images. The intended use case is as a ProDOS mass storage. Total Replay is a perfect example and the closest you will get to a game collection with it.
You could create another disk image and install AppleWorks or other unprotected ProDOS based productivity software using CiderPress if you wish.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 1