IGNORED

[Brainstorming] How would you name the next Xbox after Series S/X?

IntelliMission

We're speaking about a future series to be launched no earlier than 2025, right? I don't know how extendable/upgradeable the new Xbox Series are but I suppose both the X and probably S series will get deluxe and updated versions over the years while maintaining some backwards compatibility, at least to the systems released in the fall of 2020, which could delay the next big generation further. For what we know about gaming right now, perhaps neither Microsoft nor Sony will make custom hardware but migrate towards streaming based ecosystems within the next decade.

If the market climate hardens, perhaps the next generation will be Xbox Ordie.

There was once an australian rock band called INXS (aka "in excess" for the hard of hearing) ... in my younger years I swore my "would be" rock band would be called SXINXS (aka "sex in excess" just so we're clear ... yeah I was very lonely ... and I never got a rock band ... couldn't play an instrument to save my life and singing was even worse).

So why not?

Xbox SX

Xbox XS

Xbox SX4XS
Xbox XS4SX

SXbox

XSbox
SXboxXS

XSboxSX

they really really really suck at naming.

The original Xbox was called as such because of "DirectX Box" ... really ... which made sense back then if you knew what that meant in the PC space although I am afraid the audience for consoles couldn't give a crap about DirectX!

• Haha 1