IGNORED

Announcing - Gravitic Mines

CyranoJ

18 hours ago, Albert said:

Have the initial batch of Dr. Typo Collection and Gravitic Mines completed!  Going to start shipping these this evening, and they will all be shipped by the end of the week.  Click on the images for a larger view.

DrTypo_Carts.jpg

GraviticMines_Carts.jpg

GraviticMinesAndDrTypo_BoxedGames.jpg

Can't wait to get these into everyone's hands!

..Al

Nice Rack!!! ;) 

• Haha 1

Wow - Gravitic Mines and Last Strike showed up today (2 days early).  I cannot state how professional these releases look.  The boxes and cart labels are superb and the full colour manuals - everything is just top notch.  The Last Strike soundtrack CD is a glass master too - not a burned CD-R.  Excellent work to everyone involved.  Can't wait to play these.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Editorb said:

My Gravitic Mines and Dr. Hypo have yet to ship. That's what I get for waiting until 8:34 a.m. Jan. 1. I should have been jabbing the refresh button at 12:01 a.m.!

The remaining Gravitic Mines orders will be going out on Friday.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

AtariAge Day 2022
THIS SATURDAY, LIVE on ZeroPage Homebrew

Saturday, May 21st 2022
12PM PT/3PM ET/7PM GMT

Join us for this year's AtariAge Day hosted by @ZeroPage Homebrew on Saturday, May 21st starting at 12PM PT to see the latest homebrew games for the Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, and Atari Jaguar, as well as live interviews with the developers who created all these great games. Make sure you don't miss this huge event and mark it on your calendars! All the newest games in the AtariAge Store will be unboxed and played during the interviews with developers!

670015167_20220518-AtariAgeDay-Square-GraviticMines.thumb.jpg.bcaebde02feec3a265dfb485931aab6f.jpg

Releases & Interviews

Atari 2600:
  • Doggone It (2600) by Andrew Pauley @Armscar Coder
  • Escape from the Castle (2600) by Eduardo Vilarinho
  • Game of the Bear (2600) by Vladimir Zuniga @vhzc
  • Hellway (2600) by Octavio Pinho Bokel @Octavio Pinho Bokel
  • LadyBug Arcade (2600) by John Champeau @johnnywc
  • Mr. Yo-Yo (2600) by David Marli @DaveM
  • Pitkat (2600) by Marco Johannes (MarcoJ) and Dyfed Hitchings (Jamtex)
  • RobotWar 2684 (2600) by John Champeau @johnnywc
  • Soul of the Beast (2600) by Michael Christophersson/ΛERIF°RM @flame
  • Unholy (2600) by Leonardo Santiago @Leonardo Santiago
Atari 5200:
  • Intellidiscs (5200) by Ryan Witmer @Ryan Witmer
Atari 7800:
  • Danger Zone (7800) by Lewis Hill @Muddyfunster
  • Dragon's Descent (7800) by Todd Furmanski @Revontuli
  • Knight Guy in Low-Res World – Castle Days (7800) by Vladimir Zuniga @vhzc
  • Wizard's Dungeon (7800) by BydoEmpire @BydoEmpire
Atari Jaguar:
  • Dr. Typo Collection (Jaguar) by Dr. Typo @DrTypo
  • Gravitic Mines (Jaguar) by Lawrence Staveley @CyranoJ and and Ander Lex @agradeneu
  • Like 5

Got my copy today of Gravitic Mines today. I'm a seasoned gamer going back to the 70s.. but damn this game is tough. 

Requires a soft touch for sure as the controls are tight AND sensitive. Maybe age is catching up to me. Definitely need to put some time into this. Plays good and looks fantastic. 

Putting King of Edom away and splitting time between this and Asteroite.  

Nice works guys all the way around . Packaging, manual, soundtrack some of the best. A triple A jag title IMHO.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I'm a happy camper:

anoth_grav.thumb.jpg.46606b523a5dba007ac3209be62d4805.jpg

My kids deemed Another World too hard for me, as I died several times, so most of the time went into Gravitic Mines today, which they enjoyed quite a bit. We did get into a prolonged debate over whether the building near the the starting point in "The Great Energy Heist" is the player's house or not, but overall they (like me) really liked the art. You have some new fans @agradeneu.

Nice to finally have more than two levels to master. I guess everyone else's copies are sitting on shelves NIB though, because I seem to have the only high scores posted outside of the training levels ?

The controls in this game are incredibly tight and responsive, and the scrolling is so silky smooth. It seems like modern developers can't even get a simple UI to scroll that smoothly half the time on the comparatively massive GPUs in smartphones with gigs of memory these days. Great work @CyranoJ. It's a joy to play, and I find it to be a very relaxing game. It's just as fun of a pick-up-and-play choice as Tempest 2000 or Rebooteroids, but with the exact opposite mood.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrizzLee said:

Nice works guys all the way around . Packaging, manual, soundtrack some of the best. A triple A jag title IMHO.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, cubanismo said:

You have some new fans @agradeneu.

Great work @CyranoJ. It's a joy to play, and I find it to be a very relaxing game. It's just as fun of a pick-up-and-play choice as Tempest 2000 or Rebooteroids, but with the exact opposite mood.

Thank you both!

It's fantastic to see people finally getting the game and (hopefully!) enjoying it!   

The scoreboards were full last night, be we decided to clear them out for today so everyone can start fresh. I'll see everyone on there shortly!

3 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

The scoreboards were full last night, be we decided to clear them out for today so everyone can start fresh. I'll see everyone on there shortly!

I figured it was something like that. Still gonna enjoy my short time on top since I can never creep onto the Rebooteroids ones ?

On 5/17/2022 at 12:17 PM, vrocko said:

Must have started shipping. I got an email that mine will get here on Saturday, May 21st, the day before my birthday!! Great timing!!! I know what I'm doing this weekend! ?

Wow just looked at the tracking for the game and it's already out for delivery. The mail is on the ball this week! Thank you so much for this game. Me and my Jaguar are very happy! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

I know Albert is working on the crazy UK Brexit stuff - hopefully he'll have some up on ebay/etsy when he gets back from his vacation.

Yes, I will be putting all the new games up on eBay and Etsy, and I'll work again on getting the UK VAT taken care of.  My first application was a bust, they claimed I didn't submit all the information in a timely manner, and I most certainly did.  They require you to submit documents via email, which is kind of ridiculous in this day and age.  Who the hell knows what happened to that, so I'll need to do it all over again. 

..Al