IGNORED

Announcing - Gravitic Mines

CyranoJ

4 minutes ago, Machine said:

Just like any retro game(Asteroids, Gravitar, etc) in the day, you got to put in a little time learning how to fly. Once you put in some time, flying becomes very intuitive.  Anyone up to getting a sub 30 second time on 104??? Actually, anything under 34-35 seconds is fast.

Based on leader boards for missions, I learned to fly adequately. I’ve played 4:20 of the 8:39 total hours played. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Machine said:

Just like any retro game(Asteroids, Gravitar, etc) in the day, you got to put in a little time learning how to fly. Once you put in some time, flying becomes very intuitive.  Anyone up to getting a sub 30 second time on 104??? Actually, anything under 34-35 seconds is fast.

35 or under is certainly fast. It is not the sort of flying I would recommend in the main levels :)
Congrats on your new leaderboard position... for now :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Editorb said:

Actually, I guess there was one more con: I sometimes have trouble discerning what is safe and what is deadly. Some things look like walls/barriers, but they're dimmer, indicating safety. Other times, barriers are not immediately obvious in my dotage. Also, there are the blue parts of "On a Wing and a Prayer" that I thought were walls but turned out to be flyable. Elephino. My first several times through each level is poking around and crashing into stuff to see what's crashable.

And, my *initial* initial impression was starting the cart immediately after experiencing trouble with Dr. Typo. When I failed to get the Jag roar or any video, my shoulders slumped so hard I nearly fell down. I did not fathom it was possible to skip the standard boot screen, although I seem to remember some other game pulling a similar stunt.

Use your bullets to check ;) PHEW!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2022 at 12:01 AM, agradeneu said:

Thanks!!! ?

Thanks is due the entire Reboot posse for investing hundreds of hours producing a masterpiece for the enjoyment of such a small potential audience.

Has anyone considered what it would take to get such games on mass platforms so the Rebooters can rightfully claim the title of the world's first sextillionaires?

• Haha 3

I knew I'd forget things if I posted/reviewed hastily. One mustn't be hasty.

1: Boss fights remind me of the physics in Reactor when the core becomes a swirling gravity hole. Reactor was one of my all-time fav games before Gravitic Mines revealed it to be a steaming heap.

B: Love the Skylar shoutouts.

3: At least one "Whoa, crap!" moment upon rescuing a survivor.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, agradeneu said:

I know some (superficial) people are writing it off as a "Lunar Lander clone" - boy, are they wrong! ;-) 

Lunar Lander had that kickbuttocks thrust control handle/lever. If Jag controllers were as unwieldy as some purport, it could incorporate that lever.

11 hours ago, Editorb said:

Lunar Lander had that kickbuttocks thrust control handle/lever. If Jag controllers were as unwieldy as some purport, it could incorporate that lever.

I remember back around 2010, I had a terribly flu.  By pure luck, I had my PC connected to my 120" projector.  I played Lunar Lander for probably 5 hours straight.  Can't wait to see how this looks on that same screen.

• Like 3

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Gravitic Mines (with a Pro Controller) on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 2

How the heck does one go about defeating Time to Die Par 3? I (sometimes) manage to kill the four livers or lungs or whatever, then get wasted by Heart Dude in quick fashion.

The top time of 23 seconds is preposterously astounding.

Edited by Editorb
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Editorb said:

How the heck does one go about defeating Time to Die Par 3? I (sometimes) manage to kill the four livers or lungs or whatever, then get wasted by Heart Dude in quick fashion.

The top time of 23 seconds is preposterously astounding.

You can get it, slowly kill the external organs then orbit around the heart for the kill :)

No times recorded for Boss Encounters, that 23 seconds is for Jump 4.

image.thumb.png.31f696c2e141327ba660b777614f8bd0.png

Congrats, Pilot, you are almost ready for those Ace wings :)

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 2:36 AM, Editorb said:

I’m fairly sure I’m selecting Jump 4 dba Time to Get Dead Part 3. (My typo on previous post would make great name for a golf course.) so that’s not a boss encounter when a boss eats me?

The boss is Jump 3. There is no entry for that in the hiscores.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2022 at 11:59 PM, agradeneu said:

The boss is Jump 3. There is no entry for that in the hiscores.

Ah! Duh. I was thrown by the gap in numbers, I reckon, despite the screenshot that was intended to help extract my head from my buttocks. Thank you!

On 6/28/2022 at 11:50 AM, Machine said:

Anyone up to for a challenge???

I challenge anyone to get 35 seconds or under on Training 1-4!

Learn to fly boys!!!!

Bah. I've played 7 hours, 59 minutes; the rest of youse bums have apparently only played 4 hours, 40 minutes.

After learning to control the ship, I didn't see much point in the training missions. It's not the type of piloting required in the missions. Not to disparage your training accomplishments, but I have quite enjoyed topping most of the Pilot-level leaderboards. All hail King Editorb!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Editorb said:

Bah. I've played 7 hours, 59 minutes; the rest of youse bums have apparently only played 4 hours, 40 minutes.

After learning to control the ship, I didn't see much point in the training missions. It's not the type of piloting required in the missions. Not to disparage your training accomplishments, but I have quite enjoyed topping most of the Pilot-level leaderboards. All hail King Editorb!

Wow, great job on 1,3. You put my score to shame, not easy pulling that off with zero crashes.. but in 3 mins 22 secs? Amazing:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Editorb said:

I respectfully disagree. Learning the training has helped a lot. They definitely help me in the main game. The training levels are a blast, they allow you to fly like a crazy man, something that helps when you are going for high scores. Let me knock "King E" off the board on a few levels. ?

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Machine said:

I respectfully disagree. Learning the training has helped a lot. They definitely help me in the main game. The training levels are a blast, they allow you to fly like a crazy man, something that helps when you are going for high scores. Let me knock "King E" off the board on a few levels. ?

Sheesh. That’s more like it! Deth to Editorb the Grate!

Edited by Editorb