IGNORED

Announcing - Gravitic Mines

CyranoJ

On 7/5/2022 at 1:50 PM, agradeneu said:

Who has mastered "Pilot" campaign? ?

I am slowly working my way through each level, trying to memorize where everything is so I can get good times. Right now I have cleared Pilot up to 3-1.

So I would say I have mastered Pilot up to 3-1. 

I would love to see a giant map of all the levels laid out in their entirety.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, agradeneu said:

gravitic eruptions are timed, they are not random. So you can count the intervalls. ;-)

Are some of them triggered when you enter an area? On 3-1, it seems like when you attempt to pick up one of the "rescues", it triggers a gravitic eruption.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Machine said:

Are some of them triggered when you enter an area? On 3-1, it seems like when you attempt to pick up one of the "rescues", it triggers a gravitic eruption.

As far I can remember, there are no triggered gravitic changes in Pilot missions, it's all set intervals. I have one in ACE, but that is it.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2022 at 1:50 PM, agradeneu said:

Who has mastered "Pilot" campaign? ?

I don't like saying I have "mastered" anything, but I do feel like I have a good grasp on the "Pilot" campaign finally.

You really need to memorize the levels in order to knock out good times.

I would love to see a full size poster of all the levels. It would be cool to see all the artwork and level design on a poster.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Machine said:

I don't like saying I have "mastered" anything, but I do feel like I have a good grasp on the "Pilot" campaign finally.

You really need to memorize the levels in order to knock out good times.

I would love to see a full size poster of all the levels. It would be cool to see all the artwork and level design on a poster.

Artwork is all done in Jaguars resolution. I don't know if that was sufficient

for a poster.

It would also spoil the exploration part of the game.

4 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Artwork is all done in Jaguars resolution. I don't know if that was sufficient

for a poster.

It would also spoil the exploration part of the game.

Yeah, I thought of the exploration part, you are probably right. Just thought it would look so cool as a poster.

• Like 1

In less positive news, I am afraid my second Jag here is having issues. Does anybody else have a Jaguar hooked up with RF? When I hit any of the numeric buttons it seems to cause interference:

For what it’s worth, it doesn’t seem to do this with other games. EDIT: it also happens in the menu for the DrTypo Collection, but not in the actual games.

After my Asteroite cartridge’s known-good eeprom evidently fried I am a little scared there’s something wrong with this system :( 

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

In less positive news, I am afraid my second Jag here is having issues. Does anybody else have a Jaguar hooked up with RF? When I hit any of the numeric buttons it seems to cause interference:

For what it’s worth, it doesn’t seem to do this with other games. EDIT: it also happens in the menu for the DrTypo Collection, but not in the actual games.

After my Asteroite cartridge’s known-good eeprom evidently fried I am a little scared there’s something wrong with this system :( 

New issue? Check connections, cable, TV... 

RF is known to be the worst video connection. I think you should upgrade if possible as your games will look much better.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

RF is known to be the worst video connection. I think you should upgrade if possible as your games will look much better.

It is the only connection my much-admired console TV has :)

My main Jaguar is hooked up to a flat screen with a RetroTINK RGB.

11 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I’ve gotten down to 43 seconds but I’m not sure how I would shave five more off. Anybody want to post a video??

I will be out of town for a week but can try and get a video once I get back.

I do not go balls out all the time. I try to get up to speed, them position my ship so I can thrust into the next turn early.

I have tried several different ways of flying. Getting up to speed then trying to cut corners early seems best to for my style of flying.

A video would show this much better than I can explain it.

Edited by Machine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1