IGNORED

Announcing - Gravitic Mines

CyranoJ

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I couldn’t be more excited about this. This is my favorite forgotten genre, even if I suck at it. This looks both gorgeous and fun, and maybe slightly slower paced than Sub Terrania, which I love even though it kicks my butt.

We were actually discussing this last night. 

SubT is more of a shooter, this angles more towards Thrust, Oids, etc.

Saying that, bring your A-Game to the boss fights!

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

We've been a while with no news but this week we have added all the required artwork, music, sounds, missions, etc... and will be going to BETA-1 and letting some people go at it as a completed game! :)

It's bug-crunching and tuning time! Whoohoo!

As a teaser, here's what the game's main menu and mission selection screens look and sound like now. As you can see, we've come a long way!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

This game is definitely top of my to buy list when it launches! As soon as it’s avaialble to buy as a download for the GD via itch.io I’ll be grabbing it it looks fantastic hopefully development/beta testing is going good and it’s still set to launch this year. 

Thanks, glad you are eager to play!

It won't be available on itch.io - that is Ander's WIP page.

It will be an exclusive AtariAge release.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Thanks, glad you are eager to play!

It won't be available on itch.io - that is Ander's WIP page.

It will be an exclusive AtariAge release.

I see thanks for letting me know!. Will this game be a physical release only or will it be getting a digital release also? Either way I’ll be buying it although with the AtariAge store not shipping to the UK I might struggle to get a hold of it if it’s not getting a digital release. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Either way I’ll be buying it although with the AtariAge store not shipping to the UK I might struggle to get a hold of it if it’s not getting a digital release. 

I plan on solving this issue, I am not abandoning those in the UK!

..Al

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

hopefully development/beta testing is going good and it’s still set to launch this year. 

We're on track, looking good at present!  Both Ander and myself cannot wait to share this with the community.

• Like 8

On 6/29/2021 at 2:37 AM, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

This game is definitely top of my to buy list when it launches! As soon as it’s avaialble to buy as a download for the GD via itch.io I’ll be grabbing it it looks fantastic hopefully development/beta testing is going good and it’s still set to launch this year. 

It's quite encouraging for us that "Thrustlander" is such a well regarded title on the VCS. I think cave flyer fans will be very pleased with our take on the genre! :) 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, madman said:

Very cool, it's been fun seeing this take shape since the original thrusty thread. Something tells me this will be the latest "must have" cart for Jag fans that we all recommend to newbies. 

Thanks @madman - we hope everyone really enjoys it!

• Like 3

I’m really looking forward to this game and it’s so exciting to hear that it’s nealry ready to go!. I’m just wondering if there’s any plans in place yet for making the game purchasable to UK customers or how that’s going to work when the game launches?, either way as soon as it’s ready to go for UK customers you have my money I’d love the physical release/cartridge version of the game for my collection but if it’s only possible to buy digital for now in the UK well I’m all in for that too lol I’m a big Thrustlander fan so this will be my new go to game on the Jaguar for a long time.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I’m really looking forward to this game and it’s so exciting to hear that it’s nealry ready to go!. I’m just wondering if there’s any plans in place yet for making the game purchasable to UK customers or how that’s going to work when the game launches?, either way as soon as it’s ready to go for UK customers you have my money I’d love the physical release/cartridge version of the game for my collection but if it’s only possible to buy digital for now in the UK well I’m all in for that too lol I’m a big Thrustlander fan so this will be my new go to game on the Jaguar for a long time.  

image.thumb.png.bbf2d6fa3f13a54a33ec13d760c6b800.png

Thanks for the positive comments!

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a thread bump :)

Been working on the web-side today!

So players can now select missions by System Name/Mission name/Skill/Everyone or individual pilots/date :)

image.thumb.png.13bb7b4ecaa5108564c769743a404770.png

Which has a nice byproduct that I can pull stats for a given player... and do fun stuff like achievements :)

(Only one in there at the moment, but not everyone has it unlocked!)

image.thumb.png.ad556cf82f8c7af0242a90b12194860e.png

Totals are a bit low because I reset the table about two weeks ago and blew all the data away... will be interesting to see how this progresses.

Considering adding a PIN input in the game that is stored on your cart and not shown anywhere else so that nobody can screw you over by using the same name. (Thanks, Rik! Nice idea!)

At least I can slowly add achievements without changing the game code (so, potentially, new ones even after release) as they're all server-side awards :)

• Like 13

[UPDATE]

PIN codes implemented and stored on EEPROM along with player name - only requested in game when name changes.

On the website scores will be visible to all players, but the PIN will be required see your individual accumilated stats and achievements.

Someone else using the same name (with a different PIN) won't be able to alter your stats as they'll be a 'different player'.

image.thumb.png.08cb17affa3929ae59d3a5ca16c69248.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1