IGNORED

ENTRY 2020: MR. TURTLE

10 hours ago, Black_Tiger said:

I just meant that the different color blues kinda created an illusion of different sky backgrounds.

But this looks really great! :)

Oh. thats what you meant. That was just because the air/hud was not being updated on that level yet.

Oh well. The black bg looks fine to me too like walking in a snowstorm at night.

I recieved the item. 2600 dapter db9 for hooking up original joysticks. Nicely made. Thanks.

I got it working too and just played through several levels using an original intellivision II controller. Yeah it's noticeably harder to do some things when you use the real controller.

I found it a little hard to swim up & down while shooting at the same time ... at first But I got it down pat now.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:51 PM, fdr4prez said:

With all the delays with the US post and Canadian post, hopefully you get it before the next Ice Age 

:snow:

1 hour ago, digress said:

I recieved the item. 2600 dapter db9 for hooking up original joysticks. Nicely made. Thanks.

:yippee:

1 hour ago, digress said:

I got it working too and just played through several levels using an original intellivision II controller. Yeah it's noticeably harder to do some things when you use the real controller.

I found it a little hard to swim up & down while shooting at the same time ... at first But I got it down pat now.

Using a real controller to help with gameplay tweaks is always a good thing.

• Like 1

level005 with alligator & bats & devils & pitchforks for intellivision

Check out the neato alligator! I might make him leap up at you too.

I have a glitch with the scrolling where it occasionally draws the wrong column. Not sure what is causing it but I think its the fact that he can't go past a certain max right and the scroll roll over happens, he then gets held back and it redraws the same column.

view also on creator friendly rumble or below on censortube

https://rumble.com/vdk9fb-mr-turtle-level005-with-alligator-and-bats-and-devils-and-pitchforks-for-in.html

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

This is actually very different from the colecovision game I made. Similar in name only mostly. I never intended to even make it but it just sort of happened while tinkering with intybasic.

Will it get a cart release? I have no plan at the moment. Maybe if I fix up some of the suggestions first.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
13 hours ago, Kiwi said:

@Rev would definitely ship himself that he sees the snow level in this game.  Awesome job.  Flipscreen instead of scrolling is easier to make. 

Yeah the collisions sometimes don't work when scrolling and some graphics glitches. The main thing was the turtle would move to the far right or left and the catch up scroll wouldn't keep up so he would be slowed down while trying to jump a pit or obstacle...and not make it over.

Solved with 1 decision.

I'll read though the suggestions a bit . Intellivoice is going too. I can't even understand what he was saying either. I just became numb to it and don't even hear it.

the shark / bird warning music is wayyyy too frequent. I may remove it too or at least not cycle it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

+1 for flipscreen if you want to make it more fancy, though a bit slower to go between screens.

Yeah maybe. I used to play all those sierra games on my tandy 1000 tl off of 5.25" floppy disks and the loading time between screens was not a fond memory.

Orientation time i guess might help.

• 2 weeks later...

Adding a new boss level:

Still working on it.

arms hurt you if you hit them going down.

Will prevent you from passing them which can casue you to drown.

You can hit them to make it retract with the pitchfork.

grab some coins while you are at it and reload with another pitchfork.

Can be defeated after a few hits.

I temp prevented drowning while working on it.

Rumble if you prefer to not use censortube. https://rumble.com/vsq5s0-intellivision-octopus-boss-level-mr-turtle-in-dev.html

• Like 5

• 5 months later...

Here I complete a run through (took me 3 games as I kept dying too many times) of Mr Turtle and to the game over screen. Everything works good now.

no more scrolling

no more intellivoice

added the octopus boss as the final stage to complete game after you collect all 5 previous pearls

fixed some problem spots in flip screens where you fall down. (left some in on purpose too)

forrest (large bird)

caves (ghost)

snow level  (large bird)

swamp alligators (though one never showed in this run through)

Water (shark)

Octopus

https://rumble.com/v19mgcc-intellivion-game-complete-run-through.html

• Like 4