IGNORED

Lynx High Score Club 2020 Round 6 - Checkered Flag

roadrunner

Im glad to have been able to play at least one round!!  It honestly makes me have a "Reason" to play my Lynx, which i love---but given the modern influence of connected consoles and more complex games, i find that my older systems sometimes compete for space with more social experiences.  This high score challenge adds a nice social element to it that gives me a reason to keep coming back.  I never even really liked Checkered Flag before (i thought its ok, for a pole position clone) but had a ton of fun practicing that course.  

When does the next season start?

4 hours ago, unoclay said:

Im glad to have been able to play at least one round!!  It honestly makes me have a "Reason" to play my Lynx, which i love---but given the modern influence of connected consoles and more complex games, i find that my older systems sometimes compete for space with more social experiences.  This high score challenge adds a nice social element to it that gives me a reason to keep coming back.  I never even really liked Checkered Flag before (i thought its ok, for a pole position clone) but had a ton of fun practicing that course.  

When does the next season start?

I was thinking of a 1 month break.
I'm also thinking of passing this high score club off to someone else.
Maybe someone else has a different way of doing things or fresh ideas for the HSC
If anyone is interested please post here.
I can still help out some. 
I think i'm the only one that can edit the all time records thread.

It might help if you made a general list of what is required/entailed in a high score club moderator?  As an infrequent/sometimes user of AA, im new to most stuff around here. Imagining other readers might need an idea of what is entailed?  Maybe a call to applications in the main forum with a job description?

17 hours ago, unoclay said:

It might help if you made a general list of what is required/entailed in a high score club moderator?  As an infrequent/sometimes user of AA, im new to most stuff around here. Imagining other readers might need an idea of what is entailed?  Maybe a call to applications in the main forum with a job description?

Just about every high score club moderator has a slighty different way of doing things.
how often to run a game, point system or a bonus/side challenge, how long a season is.
Maybe i'll i should start a thread and see if anyone is interested.

Thanks for a great HSC season @roadrunner 

I appreciate the all time and effort you put in.  Sadly I cannot commit the time to take over the HSC moderator role.  Hopefully someone will step forward to at least help you out and keep this thing going.  It's been the perfect excuse to dust off my Lynx after years of neglect! 

• Like 1