IGNORED

DPMS blanker for Picasso96?

OLD CS1

After fixing most crashing issues on my 4000D by replacing the ChipRAM, I found the system was still locking up.  I tracked that down to the DPMS blanker, CGXDPMS, which I have running with Garshneblanker and using P96 screen modes with my PIV card.

Now, this is listed to work for CyberGraphics, but, and I cannot remember where I read this, but it is compatible with P96, or the DPMS mode is or something like that.  Anyway, it DOES work, but while the DPMS is in suspend, that is when the system locks up.  Not just unresponsive to the mouse and keyboard, but the disk light no longer blinks as the DVD drive is polled (either stuck on or off.)

Pulling CGXDPMS out of WBStartup and the system runs perfectly fine for over a day, still running Garshneblanker.

I decided to try DPMSManager, instead, to see how it works.  It is shown to be P96 compatible.  Time will tell on that.

Anyone have any experience with DPMS and P96?  This new program lacks the tool SENDSHIFT, which sends a right-shift keypress every minute which is supposed to prevent other screen blankers from activating.  Another note, I am running the last P96 version before the iComp purchase (have not gotten around to that, yet... lazy.)

Working great!  Two days running with not a single lock-up or spontaneous reboot.  You know that only thing that can ruin this awesomeness?  Being forced to reboot because Miami Deluxe will not resolve host names and the program will not quit because some imaginary ARexx process is supposedly still running.

Coming this weekend: Roadshow.

• Like 1