IGNORED

Uncle Hairy's Nosehair

atari2600land

1 hour ago, atari2600land said:

Why won't Al answer me?

I think that the said that he was spending the next two weeks *just* catching up on existing orders through the end of april.  He took a lot of pre-orders, there was a huge response, and I can imagine that he now has to process, assemble, pack and send hundreds of orders.

as a result, my guess is that everything is off to the side until the first week of of may.  So I wouldn't panic and I'm sure you're not being ignored.  Give him some time and check back in with him then.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just to see if I could, instead of the difficulty switches determining which game number it is, I instead made a Game Number to the left of the score changeable via the game select switch. I have 6 bytes left, which was more than what I had earlier when I finished the game.

game

1. nosehair demon moves slow, nosehair demon getting box doesn't decrease score.
  2. nosehair demon moves slow, nosehair demon getting box decreases score.
  3. nosehair demon moves fast, nosehair demon getting box doesn't decrease score.
  4. nosehair demon moves fast, nosehair demon getting box decreases score.

What do you think?

nosehair64a.bin

• Like 1

More options!

If you want the ultimate in hard challenges, game #7 is the game for you. Game #4 is the easiest version.

When the demon runs fast, I made his legs animate faster to show that he's running. I have 0 bytes left. But I've had 0 bytes left before.

nosehair66.bin

nosehairgamegrid.thumb.png.707c136d6cf0a25c26d49187438c147c.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I came back to this and changed the title screen music. You'd think a simple thing like that wouldn't take very long, but nooooo. The screen had to jump like a jumping bean if the Select Game switch was depressed sometimes at the title screen. But I think I fixed that. So let me know if it happens. I made the music "Moonlight Sonata." And in case you're wondering what that sounds like using nothing but a TIA, the answer is, well, this...

nosehair70.bin

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Made some changes.

• discovered the scissors were the same color as the background when playing in the b&w mode. I fixed this.
  • the game over sound no longer happens if you press the reset switch during the game.
  • changed the title screen music's "instrument"s and a few notes to accomodate the new instruments.

This is my high score on game #4.

nosehair70_1.png.03e0cf2b6ba894f436eec75a84082cf1.png

nosehair71.bin

• Like 1

New things:

• changed the score font.
  • did some "plastic surgery" to the guy's nose.
    • this also means the nosehair is closer to the edge of the screen.

nosehair73.png.085c4a8d4a9739acfae62a84d6c5f1e9.png

I'd really appreciate some feedback on what I can do better. I can't really learn anything new if nobody teaches me what I can do to make this game any better. I know my games may seem a bit odd (like burgers capable of flight) but that's just the way I think and do things. I mean, why shoot aliens when you can cut your uncle's nosehair?

nosehair73.bin

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

HELP!

I have two lines for scores. Right now the second line is the one I need help with. It's showing all six digits. What I want it to do is show only the leftmost and rightmost digits. Here is the code I have for it. Can anyone help?

ldy #7		
		STY     scbrdCnt	

ShowGameNumberLoop     
    LDY     <scbrdCnt           ;3 [64]
    LDA    (prevGameNumber),Y        ;5 [69] -- scoreboard drawing loop
    TAX                         ;2 [71]
    STA    WSYNC                ;3 [0]
    LDA    (DigitGameNumberShown),Y        ;5 [5]
    STA.w  GRP0                 ;4 [9]  -- store digit 0
    LDA    (prevGameNumber),Y        ;5 [69] -- scoreboard drawing loop
    STA    GRP1                 ;3 [17] -- ready to draw digit 0,  store digit 1
    LDA    (DigitGameNumberShown),Y        ;5 [69] -- scoreboard drawing loop       ;5 [22]
    STA    GRP0                 ;3 [25]  -- ready to draw digit 1,  store digit 2
    LDa    (prevGameNumber),Y        ;5 [30]
    STA    <scbrdTmp            ;3 [33]
    LDa	   (DigitGameNumberShown),Y
    LDY    <scbrdTmp            ;3 [41] - PIXEL: 55 --- 41 * 3 =-> 123 - 68 = 55 
    STY    GRP1                 ;3 *44*  -- draw digit 2, store digit 3
    STA    GRP0                 ;3 *47*  -- draw digit 3, store digit 4
    STX    GRP1                 ;3 *50* -- draw digit 4, store digit 5
    STX    GRP0                 ;3 [53] - draw digit 5, store junk
                                ;-- cycle 53 --- 53 * 3 =-> 159 - 68 = 91 pixel pos

DEC     <scbrdCnt           ;5 [58]
    bpl ShowGameNumberLoop     

I tried fiddling with the code and got this result. I think this is good enough since I can't do anything else.

nosehair76_2.png.e2dee8f6d305ffc1f362390dc34212bb.png

The left number is the game # you're currently playing, while the right number is your previous game # chosen. I did this so no one can say they played game #x and got that score when they really played game #y.

As you can see, I also made the nosehair thinner, like nosehairs should be. So don't forget to trim your nosehairs!

nosehair76.bin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1