IGNORED

My Tomy Stuff

The creation of this sub board, energized me to go pull the tub of Tomy stuff that's been shuffling around with me for the last 30 years.

I found:

2x Tomy Tutor's.

2x Tape Records - does anyone know if these use belts?

2 Joysticks,

a set of paddle controllers,

The two recent modules produced by Klaus Sommer

Cartridge Jungler  ---- I think Barry Boone (Aka The Master) ported all the Tomy games to the Geneve - which having all that would be pretty cool.

Misc Documentation, some original housed at Calvin.ptloma.edu/~spectre by Cameron Kaiser, unfortunately, the wayback machine captured nada, but it looks like the owner kept everything and moved it to: https://www.floodgap.com/retrobits/tomy/  plus lots more!

Not bad, for a mis-spent youth of going to computer shows and Goodwills.

Something a little more interesting for your reading pleasure is the different levels of oxidization that can occur...

image.thumb.png.9279614e97afe5b4ee6353ccfa55919c.png

tomy_ox.png

• Like 3

Wow, those are pretty yellow!  I have done the retro-bright and it works, but some of the parts have started to yellow again.  I thought it only happened due to direct sunlight, but now I think it is also heat related (the plastic I did with the retro-bright was stored mostly in the dark after the process, but the space was hot (a garage) during the summer).

I only had access to a Tomy once, very briefly, to test the F18A in it.  I don't recall, but the keyboard looks like it would have been very frustrating; like the original PCjr keyboard, but not as bad as the U.S. Timex Sinclair or the Atari 400.

Having the 9995, it seems like it would run pretty quick.  Admittedly I know very little about the Tomy, and I don't think I have ever seen anyone actually use one.

• 4 weeks later...