IGNORED

ISSUES WITH EGGERLAND MYSTERY AND THE PHOENIX?

Neogeoman

Anyone else having issues or problems with Eggerland Mystery working on their PHOENIX? While most of my Colecovision collection works fine on my PHOENIX there are a handful of games that dont work for whatever the reason and the newest one is Eggerland Mystery. I've yet to try it on my standard Colecovision but on my PHOENIX the title screen loads and that's it. You cant start a game no matter what button on the controller I pressed. I tried switching controllers and also controller jacks but that didnt work either. The game goes into demo mode and then freezes. Anyone else experience this?

I've just tested the game on my Phoenix and it does get past the title screen, through the password screen and onto gameplay.  So, like Pixelboy suggested, you should check that you're using the latest Phoenix firmware and the latest CV core.

That said, I have encountered two major issues with the game:

1. Phoenix : there is a continuous annoying whistling sound (kind of like a poorly tuned radio) that plays throughout the game.  This does NOT occur on a real CV.
  2. Real CV & Phoenix : password select screen : quick movements of the joystick makes the cursor move 3 or 4 items.  A quick press of the fire button selects an item multiple times instead of just once.  There appears to be a coding issue with this screen whereby the polling for controller inputs registers multiple inputs when only one should be registered.  This makes accurate and easy selection of a password almost impossible.

I think I have the latest firmware, will need to verify. issues I have:

Very annoying whining sound

If I get lucky enough to get the game select menu it only chooses A and requires a password.

Have tried normal joystick and SF JP.

Will check the firmware when I get a change, but as of right now I can't play the game on my phoenix.  Hopefully firmware is the issue.

Has anyone reached out to collectorvision?

23 minutes ago, Neogeoman said:

Thanks for getting back to me, do you know where I can get the latest firmware update and how to I go about installing it? Tested the game on my Colecovision with super game module and it works fine

in the first post. There should be instructions for installation in the manual, but basically put the file in the root of the sdcard and make sure the file name does not change when copying it over. Then when you turn on the system, immediately hit # to enter the service menu, then 1 to install core, then 1 to install cv core. The LED should then flash purple while it is updating.

Edited by Bmack36

4 hours ago, Bmack36 said:

in the first post. There should be instructions for installation in the manual, but basically put the file in the root of the sdcard and make sure the file name does not change when copying it over. Then when you turn on the system, immediately hit # to enter the service menu, then 1 to install core, then 1 to install cv core. The LED should then flash purple while it is updating.

Ok thank you I'll install it when I get home and then give it a go

On 10/17/2020 at 9:49 PM, Bmack36 said:

If you have the whining sound, try re-installing core 7 from the release thread and verify it says 0007 next to the cv core in the load cores or install cores screen.

Okay, that fixed the sound problem for me.  But I am still finding the password select screen to be literally impossible to control.  The cursor moves/jumps at lightning speed and pressing the fire button to select an item ends up selecting it 5, 6 or more times.  This is not a Phoenix issue as it also occurs on a real CV.  Are others not having this issue?

Some feedback from CollectorVision on this would be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Okay, that fixed the sound problem for me.  But I am still finding the password select screen to be literally impossible to control.  The cursor moves/jumps at lightning speed and pressing the fire button to select an item ends up selecting it 5, 6 or more times.  This is not a Phoenix issue as it also occurs on a real CV.  Are others not having this issue?

Some feedback from CollectorVision on this would be appreciated.

This doesn't help with standard cv users, but the SNES controller on the Phoenix is a little better at not jumping around or multiple selecting.

3 hours ago, coleco_master said:

No Worries Guys, We will be shortly working on a new version to get this fixed.

We will be replacing to game to anyone that wants to newer version.

Thank you and sorry about that matter. We had a last minute bug fixed but we didn't realised

that it created something else. We're on it!

It is so rare to see such great customer service, I am glad you all are great about it!

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to bring this thread back to life to say I just got my copy a few days ago and it is such an awesome fun puzzle logic action game.  I was always a fan of the Lolo series on the NES so owning this on the Colecovision is great, I am not sure where it falls in the Lolo lore.  I will have to wiki that.

If you bought the game and have not tried it yet do yourself a favor an give it a good boot, its loads of fun.

I play it on the Phoenix with the latest firmware and it plays great without any issues I can see or hear.

• Like 2