IGNORED

AtariAge Twitter Account not verified

roadrunner

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't mind that its not verified by the Blue Checkmark of approval by Twitter's moderation team. Many people with the blue checkmark on Twitter, especially these days, either have their heads up their asses, are absent minded fools, substantial-extremely preachy narcissists, or are asinine idealouges or a mix of two or 3 of such things.

Edited by Prosystemsearch
cleanup

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw today that Blue gives you two-factor authentication through text messages, as opposed to having to use the app for regular users. Someone was upset about this. Probably there will be even more additions and limitations to separate free and paid subscriptions moving forward, in particular for company and community related accounts.

3 minutes ago, carlsson said:

I saw today that Blue gives you two-factor authentication through text messages, as opposed to having to use the app for regular users. Someone was upset about this. Probably there will be even more additions and limitations to separate free and paid subscriptions moving forward, in particular for company and community related accounts.

Someone was upset that the AtariAge account isn't verified?  Well, as I stated before, I am not paying a dime to Twitter, much less $8/month.  If they continue to restrict features for free accounts, I'll probably just delete the AtariAge Twitter account altogether. 

..Al

• Like 1

Just now, carlsson said:

No, someone was upset that they would lose one way of 2FA unless they upgraded to subscriber status. I'm with you, currently it is not worth the fee. If there was a $2-3 level that simply filtered out all the bots and trolls, I would consider it.

Yeah, that's a dumb thing to move to a subscriber-only feature.  At this point, I just hope Twitter tanks and Musk loses all of his $44b investment in it.  And that a decent competitor comes along. 

..Al

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Someone was upset that the AtariAge account isn't verified?  Well, as I stated before, I am not paying a dime to Twitter, much less $8/month.  If they continue to restrict features for free accounts, I'll probably just delete the AtariAge Twitter account altogether. 

..Al

Is AtariAge on TikTok or Myspace?

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 11:56 PM, lushgirl_80 said:

Nice to see that blue checkmark next to my name!

Yeah, now you can read 10 times as many tweets per day as the rest of us. However, I'm expecting the usage of Twitter to rapidly decrease soon so perhaps those 6000 tweets you will be able to read will be mostly paid bots.

• Like 1

Actually I don't read Twitter much lol ,I only use it to promote my show and got the blue check due to listener donations per month. 

Not sure what you're so bitter about,but it doesn't effect me. I'm glad I got the blue check and anyone else that doesn't can go f-ck themselves lol.

I don't think anyone should conflate Twitter verification with legitimacy, especially under its current leadership. Musk has shown little interest in facts, and nobody should take anything he says or does seriously. He's a manipulative, sociopathic, developmentally stunted billionaire with no understanding or concern for the greater good... just his own ego.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that has improved since the change of ownership is nowadays I get more than five times as many likes on my tweets as I used to. Unfortunately, at least 80% of those likes origin from sexbot accounts. But hey, any positive feedback is welcome even if it is a computer program trying to lure people to start to follow accounts with adult content.

So yes, there is no real reason why AtariAge would spend several dollars per month to get a little more visibility in the sea of bots. Proper content reaches the viewers anyway, and since it uses a legitimate account name, little risk of mixing it up with any imposters.