IGNORED

Geneve Questions!

dhe

If I could use the mouse...uh, well actually I'm using the keyboard mouse on my laptop, well #1, I'm outta room on my desk..with a small ass table, a laptop on that, and hidden tape/HD storage, 2 full keyboards, and somewhere there are 2 mouses..oh, one is hanging on the back of tipi(peb).. anyway, one day I'll get a bigger desk..my arrangement is pathetic..

But I do have a comfy chair ?

IMG_20210211_225845672.jpg

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 4

@GDMike

And/or mark/tag=add single files (which are not one after the other in the shown order) with holding CTRL (german: STRG) key down.

Like in the Windows Explorer.

And you can combine that, means click/mark the first file in an order, then hold down SHIFT and click/mark the last file in the order,

and then mark (or unmark) one single file (in- or outside the already marked order) by holding CTRL only, and clicking/marking again.

So SHIFT means marking/tagging from:to  and CTRL means just a single file (or directory)

In the Windows Explorer you can go some step ahead (does NOT work in TI99DIR):

Mark the first file, then press/hold SHIFT and mark the last file. Now some files are marked,  one after the other.

Then go some files ahead, means do not want to mark i.e. the next 3 files (or so),

press CTRL now and mark the file of the next "area". Then press and hold CTRL+SHIFT and mark the end of this next/second "area in order".

So you are able to mark/tag i.e. files from A to B and additional, some of the files from F to G, and i.e. all the files with R.

And if you missed one single file while this artistic ride, just hold STRG and hit it :)

But just clicking one file without CTRL or STRG hold, removes all your marks (and marks this file instead)

Copy that   ?  ?  :grin:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

Question: how does the Geneve 9640 treat the area of memory from 0 to 3FF? Is it a special area logically separate from whichever page is mapped at bank 0? Or does the physical page mapped at bank 0 occupy 0000-1FFF?

Physical page mapped at mapper page 0 is mapped at 0000 to 1FFF  

15 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

Question: how does the Geneve 9640 treat the area of memory from 0 to 3FF? Is it a special area logically separate from whichever page is mapped at bank 0? Or does the physical page mapped at bank 0 occupy 0000-1FFF?

It is only the area F000-F0FB and FFFC-FFFF that shadows the RAM page that is mapped to F000-FFFF. There is nothing like that in the 0000-1FFF page. I guess that the 0000-03FF area is filled by MDOS when starting a process; at least the command line arguments are there. We should document that on Ninerpedia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

To add a little more detail, the OS and each task store information in their own instance of 0000-03FF.  For the OS, this is stored in physical page 0 and for each task, this is stored in each task's logical page 0.  Certain items like the path, prompt, assign assignments, etc. are all stored in a linked list in this area.  Other system and task information, such as the interrupt and XOP vectors, are also found in this memory range.

I spent some time adding comments to the source files for the upcoming, eventual release but there are still some mystery addresses and undocumented usage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3