IGNORED

Lines in main menu - using Colecovision EM1

runkster

I suppose you are using a modern TV and not a CRT? These TVs frequently do not understand the signal created by the 2600 correctly.

This often results into displaying only every 2nd line when interlaced text is displayed. You can experiment with your TVs settings, but in most cases this doesn't help.

Yeah it’s a LG 60” plasma.  I was just surprised to see it was only in the main menu.  Not really that big a deal if I can read the text and the games work perfectly.  Just have to wait for the F18A-Mk2 to come out for the CV. (Ignore the speckles -its using an RF connection)

75BA3BDA-0025-4524-9414-BF7404E057E4.jpeg

790CC761-CD16-47E2-BBE6-D3527494C8D8.jpeg

17 hours ago, runkster said:

I’ll just deal without it until the F18A mk2 comes out.

Unfortunately, that won't help. With a F18A-Mk2 installed, you can use its built-in hdmi output for your colecovision games, but the expansion module 1 will continue to only work through the analog rf connection, because it doesn't use the colecovision's video chip at all.

The EM1 is a full, separate 2600 console and only gets power from the colecovision and sends the composite video signal back to its internal rf modulator. In fact with an external power supply and a few components you can turn the EM1 into a standalone console.

7 hours ago, alex_79 said:

Unfortunately, that won't help. With a F18A-Mk2 installed, you can use its built-in hdmi output for your colecovision games, but the expansion module 1 will continue to only work through the analog rf connection, because it doesn't use the colecovision's video chip at all.

The EM1 is a full, separate 2600 console and only gets power from the colecovision and sends the composite video signal back to its internal rf modulator. In fact with an external power supply and a few components you can turn the EM1 into a standalone console.

interesting, definitely something to consider.  Thanks!

Edited by runkster