IGNORED

Fujinet SSH

Blues76

Hello, 

I asked this privately but I should had asked here in the forum. 

My question was if SSH would be possible (I'm not saying it should be done but it is possible) with Atari + FujiNet. 

I think I have the answer now but for the benefit of everyone, I would let the person who knows about this answer. 

Thanks.

PS: Sorry that I sent something private that should had been public. 

• Like 1

All good.

The short answer is, yes. This will be a definite feature. I have the port of libssh2 to the ESP32, it needs to be turned into a protocol adapter.

I have held off on this, because I am currently rewriting the N: device, I expect to be doing this over this next month, after which, we can start adding new protocols, including actual TELNET support and SSH. :)

-Thom

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, fenrock said:

noooooo telnet. just ssh. pleeeeease.

telnet is the devil's protocol.

I think they are both useful.

While I use ssh a lot more, there are services where telnet comes handy. Even a simple non-secure server (For testing purposes), telnet is great as you communicate with your listening socket.

On 11/5/2020 at 5:58 PM, fenrock said:

noooooo telnet. just ssh. pleeeeease.

telnet is the devil's protocol.

Oh my god, stop!  I have to deal with this crap at work.  Telnet client is fine for everything.  Sure, don't run telnetd, that's dumb.  But banning telnet everywhere is stupid, as you can do the same things with netcat or anything else that lets you connect. 

Side note, my last job basically did use plain text auth for everything because 'ssl was hard'.  But telnet (client) is a very useful tool.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with using it.  telnetd is problematic, which is why almost every single Linux distribution packages them separately.

22 hours ago, foft said:

Forget SSH, we need RDP!

RDP is garbage though :P  VNC tunneled through SSH ftw!

Protocol war!

On 11/5/2020 at 6:54 PM, Blues76 said:

I think they are both useful.

While I use ssh a lot more, there are services where telnet comes handy. Even a simple non-secure server (For testing purposes), telnet is great as you communicate with your listening socket.

Ever try to use ssh to test mail delivery (or blockage thereof?)  Yeah, doesn't work.  Telnet is still very useful, totally :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am confused with FujiNet configuration and how can I setup it to work.

Does not matter my two WiFi connections are appearing with strong signal I am not able to connect to the website,

it always shows me "Connect Fails". I have together 2.4GHz and 5GHz capability on my WiFi. The author of HW

wrote me I should have only 2.4GHz access, but I am not able turn of 5GHz on my modem. How I am familiar

with this issue, my other equipment automatically are choosing the right frequency for communication.

It looks like FujiNet is not able to do that. 

When I turn on ATARI with SpartaDOS and I use DIR command, it prints out the listing of 31 com executable,

but I am not able to find the documentation, how to use them. I expect, there is at least one which can give

me the possibility to correctly set up the connection ...

May I ask some one to give me info, where can I get description of files?

Thank you.

Peter

The files are (I guess, they are in some ROM in FujiNet):

CONFIG, FCD, FCONFIG, FEJECT, FESCLK, FHOST, FINFO, FLD, FLH, FLS, FMALL, FMOUNT, FNET, FRESET,

FSCAN, NCD, NCOPY, NDEL, NDEV, NDIR, NMKDIR, NPWD, NREN, NRMDIR, NTRANS, NBAUDLOCK, RDIDV,

RLISTEN, RSNIFF, TIME

20 minutes ago, KPeter said:

I am confused with FujiNet configuration and how can I setup it to work.

Does not matter my two WiFi connections are appearing with strong signal I am not able to connect to the website,

it always shows me "Connect Fails". I have together 2.4GHz and 5GHz capability on my WiFi. The author of HW

wrote me I should have only 2.4GHz access, but I am not able turn of 5GHz on my modem. How I am familiar

with this issue, my other equipment automatically are choosing the right frequency for communication.

It looks like FujiNet is not able to do that. 

When I turn on ATARI with SpartaDOS and I use DIR command, it prints out the listing of 31 com executable,

but I am not able to find the documentation, how to use them. I expect, there is at least one which can give

me the possibility to correctly set up the connection ...

May I ask some one to give me info, where can I get description of files?

Thank you.

Peter

The files are (I guess, they are in some ROM in FujiNet):

CONFIG, FCD, FCONFIG, FEJECT, FESCLK, FHOST, FINFO, FLD, FLH, FLS, FMALL, FMOUNT, FNET, FRESET,

FSCAN, NCD, NCOPY, NDEL, NDEV, NDIR, NMKDIR, NPWD, NREN, NRMDIR, NTRANS, NBAUDLOCK, RDIDV,

RLISTEN, RSNIFF, TIME

Every command has a small usage bit with it. You can get docs in the fnc-tools-doc.atr on atari-apps.irata.online.

but to list:

* config - run the fujinet configurator

* fcd - change the fujinet's device prefix (normally used with fls, do not use as it is currently broken)

* fconfig - show fujinet's configuration.

* feject - eject a disk image from a device slot.

* fesclk - set synchronous clock rate (currently used for synchronous SIO experiments)

* fhost - change a host slot's address

* finfo - get disk info for a device slot

* fld - list the device slots

* flh - list the host slots

* fls - list files on a device slot

* fmall - mount all device slots currently configured.

* fmount - mount a disk image to a device slot.

* fnet - set wifi ssid/password

* freset - cold restart fujinet

* fscan - show scanned wifi networks

* ncd - change N: device prefix (used to traverse filesystems via N:)

* ncopy - copy a file to/from network

* ndel - Delete a file on network

* ndev - The N: CIO handler (provides an N: device to programs that can use CIO)

* nmkdir - make directory on a network resource

* npwd - show current N: prefix

* nren - rename a file on network

* nrmdir - remove a directory on network

* ntrans - Change N: translation mode (used to convert text formats to and from Atari and other PCs)

* rbaudlok - Lock the R: device to a specific baud rate

* rlisten - Listen for connections to R: on specified TCP port

* rsniff - turn on/off R: sniffer (creates log file of traffic)

* time - synchronize date and time with internet (NTP protocol)

-Thom

Hi Thom,

Thank you for description, finally, I went step-by-step over all and tried to imagine the function. I made also a NET.BAT file including

SSID and Password. Despite of all try, still I am not able to get to the internet, just to scan the WiFi names (over 20, 2 of them I

my with strong signal, but that's it). I tried to find some function to check what frequency is there what the FujiNet is sensing,

or how can I change it on this unit, if accidentally there is 5GHz. It looks like, it is able to work only with 2.4GHz (?), hard-wired for it.

I do not know, how hard is it to have there a command to choose which frequency the user has. The modern WiFis are working with

both frequencies, probably FujiNet is designed only for 2.4GHz ? ... I need help to understand , how can I use my WiFi network with

FujiNet, otherwise it is totally useless for me ... ;(

Peter

48 minutes ago, KPeter said:

Hi Thom,

Thank you for description, finally, I went step-by-step over all and tried to imagine the function. I made also a NET.BAT file including

SSID and Password. Despite of all try, still I am not able to get to the internet, just to scan the WiFi names (over 20, 2 of them I

my with strong signal, but that's it). I tried to find some function to check what frequency is there what the FujiNet is sensing,

or how can I change it on this unit, if accidentally there is 5GHz. It looks like, it is able to work only with 2.4GHz (?), hard-wired for it.

I do not know, how hard is it to have there a command to choose which frequency the user has. The modern WiFis are working with

both frequencies, probably FujiNet is designed only for 2.4GHz ? ... I need help to understand , how can I use my WiFi network with

FujiNet, otherwise it is totally useless for me ... ;(

Peter

try using config to set the SSID and password.

As for frequency, the radio in the ESP32 inside FujiNet only does 2.4GHz, it does not support 5GHz.

-Thom