IGNORED

New Lynx high score club moderator

roadrunner

Is anyone interested in being the new Lynx high score club moderator?
I'm thinking of passing this off.
Maybe someone else has new ideas or a different way of doing things.
I can still help out a bit. pinning a thread and i think i'm
the only one who can edit the all time records thread.

Post if interested,
Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

I mean..nobody is replying.  I feel pressured to step up, but im not a "regular" around here.

I am unclear on what it would entail, beyond:

picking a game, moderating the High Score thread every week or so, posting winner, repeat?

I would propose that any new moderator---especially someone new to the board or role--might benefit from suggestions as to the next games.  I have no idea what's been done, or what should be next?  

I mean...if its "easy" i dont mind trying it out for a few months.  I am an adult professional, mid-40s, work from home, retro enthusiast.  i'm fair minded, have moderated competitions among friends, and responsible...for something like this, i'd want guidance to set up the first month or two (Esp the games and the type of challenge), and i'd prob set a calendar reminder to myself to check the forum each week.  Mainly because im sporadic in my interest in message board culture, and sometimes "fall off" in my devotion.  

But i like the idea of a HS challenge and want to see it continue, if only so i can participate.

Thoughts welcome. Feel weird that i'm brand new to the HSC.  Prob not the ideal choice but....any port in a storm?

22 hours ago, unoclay said:

I mean..nobody is replying.  I feel pressured to step up, but im not a "regular" around here.

I am unclear on what it would entail, beyond:

picking a game, moderating the High Score thread every week or so, posting winner, repeat?

I would propose that any new moderator---especially someone new to the board or role--might benefit from suggestions as to the next games.  I have no idea what's been done, or what should be next?  

I mean...if its "easy" i dont mind trying it out for a few months.  I am an adult professional, mid-40s, work from home, retro enthusiast.  i'm fair minded, have moderated competitions among friends, and responsible...for something like this, i'd want guidance to set up the first month or two (Esp the games and the type of challenge), and i'd prob set a calendar reminder to myself to check the forum each week.  Mainly because im sporadic in my interest in message board culture, and sometimes "fall off" in my devotion.  

But i like the idea of a HS challenge and want to see it continue, if only so i can participate.

Thoughts welcome. Feel weird that i'm brand new to the HSC.  Prob not the ideal choice but....any port in a storm?

Thanks for replying. Did you look at any of the other high score clubs here at AA to see how other moderators run things.
Pick a game or have a poll, point system, maybe a side challenge. how long each round and season are.
I try to space the games out a bit, try not to play the same games more than once a year except if a game has a different game mode 
or track like Checkered Flag. We play that game alot but use different tracks.

• 2 weeks later...