IGNORED

Oof McBrewster’s Haunted House Adventure – NES Homebrew

Razzie.P

I’ll make a post in Classic Gaming General  and/or Homebrew Discussion threads to provide a bit more detail about the game, and will update this thread with the link.  In the meantime, you can visit oofmcbrewster.com for a bit of additional info, if you’d like.  Edit -- made the post, and added the link.

Options available –

1. CIB; Gray, Black, or “Faux Nintendo” (shown below)  (Edit: currently sold out. I'll update if/when more are available.)
  2. Cart only; Gray, Black, Translucent Blue w/ matching sleeve, or “Faux Nintendo” (shown below)

Prices –

Complete in Box – $44.95 shipped via Priority Mail anywhere in the US.  (Edit: currently sold out. I'll update if/when more are available.)

Cart Only – $35.00 shipped via Priority Mail anywhere in the US.

I pulled these prices from 2 points in my childhood.  I’ll blab about it someday if anyone’s interested.   The prices may be different in the future when selling via other methods, but for my private sales, such as this forum, $44.95 and $35.00, depending on whatcha want.

Complete in Box includes –

• Box
  • Styrofoam Insert
  • Cartridge
  • Sleeve
  • Instruction Booklet
  • 3 Stickers
  • A copy of the letter that starts the games story
  • A digital file with the rom, PDF of the booklet, and art files of the box, label, letter, and stickers.

Cart Only includes –

• Cartridge
  • Sleeve
  • Instruction Booklet
  • 3 Stickers
  • A digital file with the rom, PDF of the booklet, and art files of the box, label, letter, and stickers.

If you’re interested in a copy, send me a PM to let me know which option and which cart color, and we’ll make it happen!

A couple of notes, if you please –

• The box will not be sealed.  So none of that “should I open it or keep it sealed” type of struggle.
  • I do plan on making the rom available at some point in the near future.  I’m not yet sure how, though.  Probably for a couple of bucks, then free.  Dunno yet.  Edit (11.13)  Some people were interested in getting "just the rom" now, so I set up a page on itch.io for that --   https://razziep.itch.io/oofmbhha
  • NES version of the game is done and, hopefully, in the rear view.  However, in the event that a major glitch/bug is discovered and fixed, I’ll be happy to work with anyone who bought a copy to ensure their cart is updated to the fixed version, if so desired.
  • I’m currently talking with a few people who would like to make a future run of the game.  Nothing set in stone, but if that happens, the look will be altered in some way(s) to differentiate it from this first run.  Not sure how, of course – things like legal text and a barcode will definitely be added – but not sure what else.  May look better.  May look worse.  Or, it may not even happen.   Time will tell.
  • The “faux Nintendo” carts and sleeves are not shown on the website, as they’ll not be in the “normal” offerings, and are a bit more limited than the others.  It’s simply a gray cart with the “Nintendo” info molded in the back, and a red “Nintendo” print on the sleeve.  I’ll post pictures below.
  • The game has been tested and works on original Nintendo Hardware (front and top loaders) and the AVS from retroUSB.  I’m told it will not work with “software emulation” clone consoles, but I’ve not tested to verify.
  • Finally, this is a homebrew game through n’ through.  I’m sure that part goes without saying given the community here, but please don’t expect a super polished “perfect” manufactured look to the product.  They look really nice, but may have a bit of jankiness, such as instances of tone crack on the box folds that give it a vintage “shelf wear” kind of look, even if not intentional.   They’re nice, but not perfection.

Faux Nintendo carts -- not shown on the website.  The red logo varies a bit depending on the lighting, so grabbing an accurate pic was rough.

Nin_Logo_InSleeveAA.jpg.20ef9dddd95d1155ff501256ae531707.jpg Nin_Logo_InSleeve_AltAA.jpg.0e1ab17a6e6474b33657808db6d7b463.jpg Nin_Logo_NoSleeveAA.jpg.58b51a080ff473ecaa904f4ca9e47550.jpg

Translucent Blue was a bit problematic to capture as well, as the blue changed a lot based on lighting.   So I grabbed a couple of pics (same cart) in different areas.

BlueCart_001AA.jpg.7bc122057108d7e229d2eb4ad41ddbe9.jpg BlueCart_Alt_BackAA.jpg.164b9def02a0741643dce29fe563efc8.jpg BlueCart_Alt_FrontAA.jpg.1731601ff5f319075261011b38a70539.jpg

Gray and Black --

CartsNBox001AA.jpg.56df64c19479bb0786af7929da8255e6.jpg BnGCarts_001AA.jpg.a26414e9c6ee88f8261a2e93102e926f.jpg BnGCarts_002AA.thumb.jpg.dc1e852de1e6ce7e2176e10fa7404ee8.jpg

1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Also how about just selling the rom.  Not free but maybe like half the cart price.  Because I dont need a cart.  Maybe just rom and a scan of the manual.  Would be worth like 15.

On 11/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, Razzie.P said:

I do plan on making the rom available at some point in the near future.  I’m not yet sure how, though.  Probably for a couple of bucks, then free.  Dunno yet.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:57 PM, 0078265317 said:

Also how about just selling the rom.  Not free but maybe like half the cart price.  Because I dont need a cart.  Maybe just rom and a scan of the manual.  Would be worth like 15.

Sure thing!  Not 15 bucks though.  Howabout I meet you half way and make it $2.50?  Well, not exactly half, but math is hard.

$2.50 sounds about right to me.   That was the price of NES Game rentals around my hometown when I was a kid.  So I'd try to find odd jobs through the week to earn enough for a couple of carts to get through the weekend. 

Enough people have asked about getting just the rom to where I set up something really quick on itch.io

Can click here to buy the rom + extras

If you're not into itch.io, just send me a PM we can do a direct transaction via paypal if you'd like.

Thanks a bunch for the interest!  If you could convince a couple million of your closest friends to buy it too, I'd be super grateful!  ?

• Like 1