IGNORED

Popeye 7800

darryl1970

46 minutes ago, darryl1970 said:

Somebody please send me a link to the Popeye boxes I saw on @ZeroPage Homebrew. I can't seem to find Al's post. I want to see the boxes. Can't wait to see the manuals. Pretty exciting.

Here's a link to the post about the amazing looking Popeye boxes!

- James

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

31A2415C-1595-4FE6-BCB7-A3FF79C514D6.jpeg

457374DA-2EEF-4841-B9CD-C298519C201F.jpeg

You just love making us Midwesterners jealous don't you. Lol very nice it looks incredible. Can't wait for the website to carry them!

Edit: I love the new box art that games have been having but I'm so incredibly happy that this has the traditional silver like other 7800 titles. Great work. 

Edited by Silver Back
  • Like 3

I was trying to recreate a "bug" at PRGE for @mksmith. I remembered how to do it. I left this in the game, because I find it funny. It's too little, too late, for Popeye! The "death" sound effect makes the music play wonky, and it really fits the scenario.

Here's an early bug I found while checking to see if I'd recorded this. I forgot about this one. Unlike the ship scenario, I didn't leave this one in the game. I figure the ship scenario would rarely happen.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, EightiesChild said:

Follow-up Question:  And if so, where can I purchase it?  Thanks in advance!

When available - it will be seen in the Atari Age Store.  Likely, with a few to several other recently released 7800 games, showcased at PRGE.

2 minutes ago, EightiesChild said:

Original Question:  Is the fan-created Popeye 7800 available for purchase as a physical cartridge that will actually work in an original Atari 7800 console?

Yes; Popeye will be available as an actual physical cartridge (boxed game) in the aforementioned store.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EightiesChild said:

Follow-up Question:  And if so, where can I purchase it?  Thanks in advance!

Original Question:  Is the fan-created Popeye 7800 available for purchase as a physical cartridge that will actually work in an original Atari 7800 console?

I am sorry I missed your first question. Thank you @Trebor for answering this. I can't wait to get my physical copy, box, and manual!

9 hours ago, mario64 said:

Will there be a digital purchase option?

I believe that Al intends to sell digital ROMs in the AA Store eventually. I do not have any idea where that stands. I appreciate physical copies, but I don't have a lot of display space and love that digital eliminates the need to clean up a pile of carts after a gaming session. I totally get the desire for digital purchases.

9 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

Believe me, I will set money aside to buy a copy of Popeye on the Atari 7800.

I am glad that you like the game. It has been a great experience, sharing the process with the community.

• Like 5

I’m abſolutely intereſted in getting a copy of þis game... Phyſical copies of 7800 & 2600 homebrew are juſt about þe only gaming þing þat’s appealing to collect for me þeſe days. A lot of oþer ſtuff has kinda loſt its luſter where þe 7800 haſn’t. I traded away my NEO GEO AES, for example. I can’t wait to get Scramble 7800 in þe mail!

• Like 1