IGNORED

Atari FB9 wired controllers or FB9 Wireless?

Hi, this is my first post. Great forum. I had no idea what an Atari Flashback even was, believe it or not. And I love video games and I'm 52 so I definitely remember the Atari days.  lol  I was immediately interested in this. In the last 24 hours, I've been quietly reading the posts here and have eliminated almost every question I had. I'm going with the AFB 9, but am undecided on whether to go with the wired controllers or the Wireless (gold). It sounds like the older versions of the Atari FB Wireless controllers had connection issues. But then they changed to the 2.4 ghz. So is it an issue that was resolved? If so, I'll go wireless. But I am ok with wired. Besides, I have a few original Atari joystick controllers that I might end up using anyway, if the sticks on these feel too loose. Thank you in advance, great page this is.

After reading Amazon reviews, I'm worried that there is a reason I had never heard of this thing. I hope I'm wrong but those reviews were disappointing. Most of the complaints were about games not working or controllers not syncing. So IF I do buy it, I guess I'll go with the wired controllers.

The Atari Flashback 9 from 2018 and Flashback X from 2019-2020 are almost the same unit, including both similarly having custom firmware available for box art and themes.

But, the 9 has a Gold model with 2.4 GHz wireless controllers, requires special modified paddles, can take an SD card directly, and looks like it was inspired by a cross between a "Woody" and "Darth Vader" 2600 but with buttons instead of switches:

Atari_Flashback_9_yellow-octopus_3_2000x2000.thumb.jpg.82d4727c833c07456844e1810bdc0c82.jpg

While the X uses standard paddles, can take almost any USB media with a USB OTG cable, and looks like a miniature replica of a "Woody" 2600 with working switches:

56d47838-3372-5c3b-80df-948c3603ff68.thumb.jpg.d50a55243297c3f62e20870f2f98b8a0.jpg

• Like 3