IGNORED

Athanor 2: New adventure game on ST/STe

dma

Okay, quick follow up on the hard drive installer software. I seem to be having a few (non fatal)

issues with it.

Everything seemed to be going fine, starting the installer from floppy A. It makes note that any

folder named Aranthor2 must not already exist on the target drive, so I made sure about that.

At one point it asked for the 2nd floppy and I inserted it. A few minutes later, it appeared to me

that it asked for the second floppy *again*. I hit space and it continued copying. Finally, it said,

"Have fun!".

I had to start the game in low-res, no problem. It immediately complained about not being able 

to find some text file.

I went back and just hand-copied everything from disk 1 and disk 2 to their respective folders in

the Aranthor2 folder on my internal US.

After that, game started and it played fine. Nice sound (like the seagull!) and good graphics.

Kinda wondering now if it didn't ask for disk 1 and I thought it said 2.  <shrugs> Regardless, it

seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again for releasing  a new, quality game for the ST.   :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 4:26 PM, DarkLord said:

Just copy everything from the floppy into a folder on your HD.

Worked fine for me like that.  :)

It didn't work for me.  I have to run it from floppy....if I do as you said, it only gets to the title screen (where you press space to continue) but never goes any further.

Just 2 notes related with hard disk install:  folder name can't be Aranthor2 with TOS - max 8 capital letters in name. Rather ARANTHOR.2  .

The reason for not working from hard drive might be some resident SW what loads automatically at boot, or even too much RAM taken by hard disk driver (Seimet's Hddriver tends to set very large buffers in machines with more RAM). So, recommended is clean boot, setting smaller buffers - with today Flash card speeds no need for those large buffers.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:33 AM, AtlantisEric said:

Hi Tillek

Send me an email, I will check with the tracking number.

Regards

I really appreciate that... but just so you know, it arrived this morning.

Amazing packaging... If I ever actually get around to writing my most amazing game ever (don't worry, it'll be a totally different genre so no competition) I'm going to have to get in touch with you regarding some contacts on that. ;)

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2021 at 11:43 PM, 8bitguy1 said:

It didn't work for me.  I have to run it from floppy....if I do as you said, it only gets to the title screen (where you press space to continue) but never goes any further.

I'm assuming you kept all the files in their respective folders from the floppy to the hard drive and

are booting up "clean", no ACC's, no AUTO folder programs and in low res.

Other than that, have no idea....

Yeah, I tried that.  The details my attempt were: Peter's HD Driver, clean boot, low res but on MIST.  Maybe its that last big that gives it trouble, but the floppy version works fine on the Mist, so I'm not sure why there would be a difference.  I haven't had time to get back at troubleshooting it lately though...

• 2 months later...

Yeah was a"pleasant" surprise and nice gimmick with the key in the box.

But now I'm stuck at the Easter Island. Just got half of the statue but don't know what to do from then. Maybe someone here has played it that far? Or I'm the only one playing his retro games hahaha

2 minutes ago, CD-i said:

Yeah was a"pleasant" surprise and nice gimmick with the key in the box.

But now I'm stuck at the Easter Island. Just got half of the statue but don't know what to do from then. Maybe someone here has played it that far? Or I'm the only one playing his retro games hahaha

Ho no ! you're not the only one playing the game.

Some French players have finish Athanor 2. :)

So, I will try to help you a little.

Have you solve the Altos puzzle in his house at Cnossos ? (and find an item ?)

Spoiler

The tentacle

Hehe ok since my French is nonexistent I didn't notice

No in altos house I found nothing just used the hammer on the wall and it says there are some symbols but didn't know what to do with that information. Can't use any more item there ^^

Just now, CD-i said:

Hehe ok since my French is nonexistent I didn't notice

No in atros house I found nothing just used the hammer on the wall and it says there are some symbols but didn't know what to do with that information. Can't use any more item there ^^

Ok, so, it seems that you missed some items.

Have you meet the potter in Indus valley ? (He gives you 2 missions)