IGNORED

Star Blader - Preview of a new lynx homebrew from Retroguru Team

Nop90

The walking animation is much better now. I completed the two player mode but there are problems in sicronizing pause/reset/music changes

I already did it in Biniax 2 but it always take a ot of time.

Aother thing that I have to implement is an alternate control mode with moves actvates by a sequance of keys (like defending pressing back twice) butI'm not good at defneing such things, I'll need an help.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Game completed.

image.thumb.png.fcef24142043db3bac3f96bc788405c7.png

This is a pic of the test of the 2 players mode over Comlynx (thanks to SAGE, LYNXMAN, FINCHY & THORN).

Probably I'm going to make some last second code optimization (I hope to not break the game engine... again), but all the features initially planned are in the game, included a very hard final boss fight.

Soon more info for the final release.

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, Ninjabba said:

Very nice! I was play testing it a lot last year at RGC. The beheading move felt a little overpowered, did that change? 

What do you mean with overpowered? BTW I changed a lot of things from the compo release. I can't remember all of them.

13 hours ago, Nop90 said:

What do you mean with overpowered? BTW I changed a lot of things from the compo release. I can't remember all of them.

I haven't played the original, but this move always resulted in a 1-hit kill, no matter how much life you still had on the meter. Our comlynx battles were basically timing a moment to try and decapitate in 1 move. Using the other moves became risky for this move to be timed correctly.

Playing against the CPU was a different experience though, there it was more fun to use the different moves.

Beheading is an instant kill, but it takes twice the tome of other moves to be completed, so can be blocked, or anticipated with a frontal hit, or dodged sitting down from where it's possible to make a low hit as countermove.

The only moment it's really woth trying a beheading is starting while the opponent is falling back (you have only a small advantage, it has time to stand up and block), or if the opponents rolls toward you from a  too long distance.   

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Retroguru Official tester Denny Müller (Mulle) gave his ok to publish the game.

Right now, as Shahzad Sahaib (Kojote) posted on the Retroguru Facebook page, DragonBox Shop is testing the game and organizing a phisical release for the end of  Q1/2024.

image.thumb.jpeg.2badbcf05d595a351e6da811cfecab6c.jpeg

• Like 10