IGNORED

4th Annual Fall Knockout Tourney - Round 1 - Venture

Colecovision-logo.jpg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

4th Annual Fall Knockout Tournament

Round 1

image.png.f3813262359e5da6adfc5fb6f798b080.pngVenture for Colecovision Box ArtVenture by Coleco - CBS - ColecoVision Addict.com

Game Information

Game Name: Venture

Released by: Arcade: Exidy 1981CV: 1982.

Settings: Skill 1

CV HSC High Score: Skill 1: 10,012,200 duncantomi 11/2007 HSC1).

Manual: http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/venture manual.pdf

Round Ends: Sunday November 22nd at 8pm (PST) 11pm (EST)

Rules are simple. After each round ends, the player with the lowest score is eliminated and we continue playing rounds until one individual remains atop the carnage. Having the top score isn't necessary yet, just don't have the lowest score. Good Luck!

Venture Scores

1)1,000,000 zaphro72

2)1,000,000 DuggerVideoGames

3)1,000,000 digress   

4)   598,200 Serguei2

5)   356,100 fakecortex

6)   320,800 Mangia-Boy

7)   175,100 ed1475

8)      84,400 jblenkle

9)     34,900 roadrunner ELIMINATED

venture-1982.rom

Edited by Northcoastgamer
Update

1 hour ago, zaphro72 said:

think I found a game where I might prefer the original controller.

My controllers are definitely borked. I was finding the best success with a Genesis pad (and of course having to do the quick swap ?). I got around 105k I think but then the score went away before I could take a pic. Turns out my old Zenith cuts off the score in the top left, so I'll have to play on another, hah.

20 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

My controllers are definitely borked. I was finding the best success with a Genesis pad (and of course having to do the quick swap ?). I got around 105k I think but then the score went away before I could take a pic. Turns out my old Zenith cuts off the score in the top left, so I'll have to play on another, hah.

I was playing on the Phoenix with my Super NTT Data Pad and then the score I posted was with retroboys NES controller. Might try my originals later, I just seem to remember them feeling more natural for diagonals.

5 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I seem to be getting worse the more I play. The wall room gets me, the hall monsters get me, the not lining up my shots correctly gets me. One thing I am getting, is tired of this, hahaha. I think my entry might be my best, hopefully it gets me to round 2.

My trick to the wall room is if you use the top (or bottom) and stick right next to the "fixed" walls you won't be hit by the up and down moving walls and you can sneak in and out pretty easily. Not to say I still don't mess up on that room.

• Thanks 1