IGNORED

UniWarS being ported to the 7800

PacManPlus

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE OF UNIWARS!

Happy New Year! ZeroPage Homebrew has the Exclusive WORLD Premiere of UniWarS on tonight's (Thu Dec 31) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 2AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

2080786847_20201231-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.b79bd48b1c6872ecfbcb1cfa124f0614.jpg

• Like 7

Update:

Bugs Fixed:

- (Local) High Score showing garbage

- 'Auto Fire' for player two when playing two player simultaneous

- Ghost player's ship (and ghost shot) when going back to 'select' or 'attract' mode

Things Added:

- Continuous dive-bomb (mosquito wave) when there are only a few enemies left on screen

- More frequent dive-bombing (mosquito wave)

- Added 'Bonus' enemy that wipes out aliens under player

Things left:

- Sound

- Aliens 'spearing' the player's ship from below

- Level Indicator

- Refine 'bugs' level movement

Updated BIN as soon as I add the aliens poking the ship.

• Like 14

Updates:

- Aliens are now 'spearing' the player's ship from below

- Refined the 'bugs' level (level 3) movement; they now flow down and up like the arcade

- Refined the first mosquito level (level 1) movement; they now move more from side to side when divebombing the player

- Refined the difficulty levels

- Added player shot and player explosion sound

Things left:

- The rest of the sounds.

Binaries below - enjoy!

UniWarS.A78 UniWarS.BIN

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

I gave the latest build a couple of spins last night. I’m totally unfamiliar with this title but it reminds me a lot of Moon Cresta. I’m glad you like these top-down shooters because I do enjoy playing them. :)

If you ever want to tackle another arcade shooter, how ‘bout Satan’s Hollow, Phoenix or Pleiades?

Edited by DrVenkman
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gotta say, this is pretty much arcade-perfect.  Compared it to MAME's emulation, and it's spot-on.

Made it a couple of levels past where the aliens drop the little guys at the bottom of the screen who try to poke you in the bum with red-hot spears.  Lost all of my ships about as quickly as I would at that point on the arcade version :D

@PacManPlus: I'd like to toss a feature request your way: in games that only require one button, what are your thoughts on using both buttons on the Proline controllers to perform the same action?  This is something that could be menu-configurable (space permitting) or just a default action.

Speaking of painline Proline controllers, I really should go trawl eBay for something less terrible.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 5:44 PM, PacManPlus said:

Bugs Fixed:

- (Local) High Score showing garbage

So, I think I may have caught something regarding this one.  The high score is showing crud in the leading digits.  However, I'm running off of a Concerto (firmware version 0.95), not in emulation, so am not sure if this might be a factor.  Photo (apologies for the flash washout, but it's still legible):

IMG_20210109_175307.thumb.jpg.248c1a9be6627aa33b808ea51cdb4b34.jpg

This happened with the version attached to Thursday's post.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

So, I think I may have caught something regarding this one.  The high score is showing crud in the leading digits.  However, I'm running off of a Concerto (firmware version 0.95), not in emulation, so am not sure if this might be a factor.  Photo (apologies for the flash washout, but it's still legible):

I see it too and I’m playing on actual hardware via DragonFly multicart.

D28E9C3A-575E-4B90-B70F-42F6DDC6C05F.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Guys

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Gotta say, this is pretty much arcade-perfect.  Compared it to MAME's emulation, and it's spot-on.

Made it a couple of levels past where the aliens drop the little guys at the bottom of the screen who try to poke you in the bum with red-hot spears.  Lost all of my ships about as quickly as I would at that point on the arcade version :D

@PacManPlus: I'd like to toss a feature request your way: in games that only require one button, what are your thoughts on using both buttons on the Proline controllers to perform the same action?  This is something that could be menu-configurable (space permitting) or just a default action.

Thank you!

Regarding the two button feature...  that's actually what is supposed to happen now; you should be able to use either button to shoot (I do in the emulator)...  are you saying that doesn't happen?

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Verified - can't believe I missed the first character. :dunce: 

Already fixed.

I also added the sound of the alien spearing the player.  More to come...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Regarding the two button feature...  that's actually what is supposed to happen now; you should be able to use either button to shoot (I do in the emulator)...  are you saying that doesn't happen?

It doesn't - with that specific controller ;)  Tested with the other one and everything's fine. Looks like I've got a touchy Proline; it'll get dealt with tomorrow.  Sorry for the red herring!

2 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Verified - can't believe I missed the first character. :dunce: 

Already fixed.

I also added the sound of the alien spearing the player.  More to come...

Sweet!  Thank you!

13 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

I also added the sound of the alien spearing the player.  More to come..

These aliens remind me of the aliens from “The Invaders” Twilight Zone episode. They kept poking the woman with their ray guns. 

• Like 1